• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request: Iron X Mods
09-26-2014, 07:15 PM,
Request: Iron X Mods
Hi !

im new to SB (just bought SB: Red Victory and like it very much).
I saw there was a guy who did some great graphic mods and even total conversions but he requested to remove all the mods from the internet.
I really would like to get his mods for RV, Winter War and Spanish Civil War (since i will buy those two games next).

It would be great if someone could upload them to a cloud service like dropbox or onedrive (or something similar) and send me the link.
I dont know if you can see my email but you could sent me a PM with the links too.

Thanks for your help !
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2014, 04:58 AM,
RE: Request: Iron X Mods
Wiggum

Welcome to the Blitz's Squad Battles Ladder. You picked one of the best titles for your first game, so it is no surprise that you really like it. Once you feel comfortable, I hope that you will post a challenge here and start some PBEM games. There is no better way to learn how to play the game.

As for your search for IronX's mods and conversions, I will let the other moderator, BigRedOne, respond as he knows more about this than I do. IronX is an interesting man, very talented, but a little hard to work with.

Jeff Conner
09-27-2014, 10:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 10:53 AM by wiggum.)
thanks !
Would be great to get IronX's mods for those games, especially RV and Winter War. Did he even do one for Spanish Civil War ?
09-27-2014, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 11:15 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(09-27-2014, 10:52 AM)wiggum Wrote: thanks !
Would be great to get IronX's mods for those games, especially RV and Winter War. Did he even do one for Spanish Civil War ?

He didn't do mods using those games as the base program. Vietnam, Pacific War and Soviet-Afghan War were the three games he used...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-27-2014, 05:34 PM,
And if you purchase Pacific War, you can add the Africa at War mod that Frank Harmon did way back when. While it may not be quite as graphically pleasing as IronX's work, the scenarios are far better. Frank spent several years in the Marine Corps and he always thought that the lethality values for the stock weapons were too low. Africa at War is a bit bloodier than the other games as a consequence.
09-27-2014, 09:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 09:06 PM by wiggum.)
Oh, by mods i actually mean new graphics for vehicles, the map ect.
So if someone can send me his graphic mods for RV, Winter War and Spanish Civil War that would be awsome !
09-28-2014, 06:55 PM,
I'm not aware of any graphic enhancements for Spanish Civil War. There's is definitely an Ironx graphic mod for RV which splits it into winter and summer and is a work of art. If you click the link under the Big Red one's signature for his site TFE4 you'll find a nice Winter War graphic enhancement.
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:33 PM by wiggum.)
You mean "Winter War Graphics Package" by Ritchie61 ?
I just downloaded it, thanks !
Still i would like to get the IronX graphic mods for RV and Winter War so i can try them out as well.
Maybe upload it to dropbox or similar and share the link with me via pm ?
09-28-2014, 11:42 PM,
(09-27-2014, 09:05 PM)wiggum Wrote: Oh, by mods i actually mean new graphics for vehicles, the map ect.
So if someone can send me his graphic mods for RV, Winter War and Spanish Civil War that would be awsome !

He did graphics mods for RV and Eagle's Strike. Contact me via EMAIL and I'll see what I can do. They were removed from the site a few years ago as per his request.

Task Force Echo Four has a variety of other graphics mods as well as custom scenarios...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-30-2014, 05:23 AM,
Thanks TheBigRedOne !