• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changing Map Labels in PzC
09-21-2014, 05:25 PM,
Changing Map Labels in PzC
I've been messing around with the sub-map creator for a couple of the PzC games (Smolensk, Sicily), trying to revise various of the labels (delete some, change others, etc.). Supposedly this is one of the functions of the submap editor.

Unfortunately, from what I have seen, while it is possible to add new labels in this manner, the old ones also remain on the map, even if you deleted or revised them. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2014, 12:00 AM,
RE: Changing Map Labels in PzC
(09-21-2014, 05:25 PM)76mm Wrote: I've been messing around with the sub-map creator for a couple of the PzC games (Smolensk, Sicily), trying to revise various of the labels (delete some, change others, etc.). Supposedly this is one of the functions of the submap editor.

Unfortunately, from what I have seen, while it is possible to add new labels in this manner, the old ones also remain on the map, even if you deleted or revised them. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'd like to know how this is done too. I'm having the same problem working with a custom DF '85 map.

If you take a look at the "Germany" map included with TazAaron's "Bolt Out The Blue" package, someone (I think it was Taffey 3?) has done it, so I know it's possible.

I hope someone can provide the information.
09-23-2014, 12:31 AM,
You can change the labels by going directly into the map file--all the labels are in plain text at the end of the files--but it is kind of a pain to make any extensive changes like this, and it shouldn't be necessary based on their description of how the sub-map editor is supposed to work.
09-23-2014, 01:08 AM,
(09-23-2014, 12:31 AM)76mm Wrote: You can change the labels by going directly into the map file--all the labels are in plain text at the end of the files--but it is kind of a pain to make any extensive changes like this, and it shouldn't be necessary based on their description of how the sub-map editor is supposed to work.

Thanks for the tip! Hadn't thought of that at all. Sort of a pain yes, but if that's the only way, it'll have to do.
09-23-2014, 02:30 AM,
Just so you know, you can also change the font size, font color, and justification by modifying the map file; as an example, in the following line:

303.538 61.8333 0 1 0 Mascali

The 303 and 61 numbers are hex references, and the 0 1 0 are the codes for font size, justification, and font color, respectively. Mascali is the label text (in this instance a town in Sicily).