• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Installing the Long War
09-16-2014, 03:38 AM,
Installing the Long War
I thought this Mod was long gone but it seems not, I know I have successfully installed and run this in the past but I cant get it running now, anyone have any installation instructions for it?

Initially I had some error reports for missing .bmp files, I managed to copy those across from SAW and solved that, but it still isn't happy, and reports errors whenever I try and open a scenario. Any pointers to installation instructions gratefully received.
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2014, 03:49 AM,
RE: Installing the Long War
Yeah, I am also going to get back to it and the Modern War too; my life is just as any war in Afghanistan so I am adding them to my ongoing SAW combat operations. I'll see to it and find out if I can offer a hand in need.
09-17-2014, 07:00 AM,
Don't forget about the updates after the main install.

3 Para Long War Scenario Pack 1
107_Map_Update
Canadian Long War Scenario Pack
The Long War Mod Update 2.1

I found it easier to do a stand alone install for it Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-19-2014, 07:44 AM,
It's been a while since I have installed that myself and it's still in a perfect workable condition; seems like everything went into the main SAW directory and then on to respective subfolders, I think the dedicated installer handled that. Let me know if yo want to play some PBEMs there, but you'd need to take over the insurgents - in Afghanistan I like to fight uphill battles. I happen to have opponents for SAW and the Afghani scenarios off Modern War so I only need someone to play the LW OpFor for me?
09-21-2014, 09:54 PM,
(09-17-2014, 07:00 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Don't forget about the updates after the main install.

3 Para Long War Scenario Pack 1
107_Map_Update
Canadian Long War Scenario Pack
The Long War Mod Update 2.1

I found it easier to do a stand alone install for it Wink

Thanks ed, can you post a link to these updates? I dont seem to be able to find them anywhere.

Is it still possible to find the other Mods done by IronX? again I cant find these. Have had a look at the TFE4 site but If they are there I cant find the page.
09-21-2014, 10:50 PM,
He asked me to remove them from the site a few years ago. PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-22-2014, 04:35 AM,
Mark,

I sent you a e-mail thru the Blitz. :)

Ed
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM,
In terms of installation you need to make sure you do everything in the right order. I copied the base game into a folder called long war, then the update, then long war, then long war update, then map update. My versions seems to work but says it's version 1.07 rather than the LW version 2.1. Which makes me wonder if I messed up somewhere.

If you have windows 8 you may also hit problems with files being blocked, this is fixed by zipping the whole folder 'send to archive' then deleting original and unzipping back. This fools the computer into thinking the files were not created on another computer.
09-22-2014, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 08:28 PM by Embis.)
(09-22-2014, 04:35 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Mark,

I sent you a e-mail thru the Blitz. :)

Ed
Thanks Ed, but I dont seem to have received one :(

(09-21-2014, 10:50 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: He asked me to remove them from the site a few years ago. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

PM sent, Cheers.
09-22-2014, 10:23 PM,
Mark,

Did a PM this time. :)

Ed