• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the month: September 2014 - Pairings
09-14-2014, 04:39 AM,
RE: Scenario of the month: September 2014 - Pairings
Yesterday or the day before someone contacted me via private message about a match up for Attack on Verrieries Ridge falling through. I some how deleted it and now I have time to respond but I cannot remember who it was. If you read this could you contact me again, please?
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2014, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 12:27 PM by Grubwurm.)
(09-13-2014, 11:40 PM)Jpratt88 Wrote: In the future you should, before telling them that you will play the scenario of the month, look at the scenario and then decide if you want to play it before putting your hat in the ring that you will play that battle. They send you an email asking if you would like to play a game or not. Then you are allowed to pick which one or more than one...you obviously responded to which games you wanted to play. Then they pair you...I would of liked to of played and would of been paired with a player that wanted to play as well.

I am not making myself clear. I didn't check the sce, first thats my bad. I would still play - I asked only because I thought you were just wanting to play from a request I made for games in the forum.

Both Duff CMBN: Attack on Verrieries Ridge and patton85 CMFI: Palma di Montechiaro have old mac versions and cannot upgrade due to battlefront.

I do not have a back up of the old versions.
09-14-2014, 02:12 PM,
I have started both my matches (with Tonk and Panzer Lehr). We had an initial kerfluffle that dropbox/h2h weren't recognizing new turns. It looks like that is fixed and we are doing it!
Send this user an email
09-27-2014, 08:11 PM,
Duff and myself had to abandon our CMFI game due to crashing problems after converting the PBEM from CMFI v1.12 to CMFI v1.20. Helmet Rolleyes
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM,
Stupid question, if I upgrade to 3.0 then I can't continue my 2.0 games correct?
Send this user an email
10-03-2014, 12:06 AM,
If your opponent upgrades as well and you are careful about updating the games then yes you can.

1) coordinate with your opponent
2) before upgrading the game watch the turn replay and hit the BRB
3) save the game (in the orders phase)
4) exit and install the upgrade
5) load the game and load the turn issue whatever orders you want hit the BRB
6) send the turn file on to your opponent as usual.

This will result in the turn numbers being incremented an extra count. This does not harm anything but if it bothers you when yous save the turn during the orders phase tack on a string such as "_save" and then wen you hit the BRB the final time delete the tacked on string and new number ("_save 001" will be on the end of your regular turn name) and save.
10-03-2014, 06:54 PM,
About upgrading during play:

Usually it works the way as described by A Canadian Cat above, it certainly did for me on more than 10 occasions.
Just with the latest update of CMFI me and my opponent, Duff, ran into a crashing problem with the converted game (done properly, as per procedure). So it sometimes might not work and it might be best to hold off on upgrading if you want to make 100% sure that everything will still work.
03-01-2015, 10:31 PM,
Minsk Express - a1steaks vs. Mad Mike has ended.

Thanks for the game, a1steaks. Helmet Smile