• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Want to join Ladder, Which game to choose!??
08-28-2014, 04:10 PM,
Help  Want to join Ladder, Which game to choose!??
Howdy

I'm pretty pumped to join some sort of black powder ladder and get some matches going but I need some advice on which series to choose.

I really like the Napoleonic era and I've noticed John Tiller has some interesting looking titles but he does have a lot of games ranging from Leipzig to Waterloo.

What game title do most players prefer when they play competitive matches? I would like to start with the most popular just so I can get a few games going.

Also I use dropbox and CM helper from the Combat mission series, does this transfer over when trading turns in a black powder ladder?

Cheers cheers,

Evan (ARCH)
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2014, 02:47 AM,
RE: Want to join Ladder, Which game to choose!??
Since you are a big fan of the Napoleonic Wars, I would suggest you select your first title from the JTS and/or HPS series.

I own all of the HPS/JTS NAP titles and my two favorite titles are Waterloo and Leipzig.

From my POV, both games are alot of fun to play, and both have a very good feel about them.

All of the NAP series titles can easily be purchased directly from the JTS store via Digitial Download here:

http://john-tiller-software.myshopify.co...ic-battles

Let us know what you end up getting and I guarantee you will not have any problems finding a PBEM game. Wink

Historically, some guys like to zip up their game file with Winzip and attach it to a email. Others just attach the game file in the email, not zipped. Both will work fine. The game file is alot smaller than what you are use to using in CMx2, so no need to have to use any extra programs like Dropbox.
08-29-2014, 03:26 AM,
Welcome!

I'll be happy to play you when you get the games! I'm into the NAP series but also check out the Renaissance and Colonial Campaigns gains. I've not tried the ACW yet but the games are very popular. All the Tiller games are supported and occasionally updated.

Leipzig and Waterloo are probably the most popular NAP titles. The latter comes with a load of bonus company-level scenarios.

Yes, just attack the gamefile to your email, no other programs are needed.

Make it clear when looking for opponents what type of game you like to play - some folks like pages of house rules to make the game more "historical"; others like myself prefer an anything goes approach. That avoids early conflict.
08-29-2014, 09:01 AM,
Glad to have you joining us!

The simplest recommendation I could give si that you get the game that interests you the most and go from there. I've no doubt that you will find an opponent fairly quickly no matter the game you choose and by choosing one you're most interested in you'll find it that much more enjoyable. Personally in the Nappy series I'm partial to the Leipzig game but I have them all and they've all seen use.
08-29-2014, 10:58 AM,
Hey thanks for the comments! Glad to be joining you guys.

I think I'll start with Leipzig, later I'll get Austerlitz !

Message me if your up for a game!
08-29-2014, 11:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 11:40 AM by Compass Rose.)
Glad to hear about you choosing Leipzig. It is a very good game.

Not sure if you are into using art mods however, we do offer some located here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=239

Also I am not sure if you have used JSGME before. It is a super easy to use mod enabler. Information about it and detailed installation instructions can be found here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299

If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck
08-29-2014, 02:29 PM,
Thanks compass rose! will do

cheers