• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FMWarBajan is dead
08-21-2014, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 11:42 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
FMWarBajan is dead
Warren Bajan, who was a frequent contributor to this forum, passed away on August 8, 2014 in Rutland Vermont. He was 61 and died peacefully in his sleep. Warren graduated from Hofstra University in 1974 with a degree in History. He served as a tank platoon commander in the US Army in Germany. He designed two Bulge scenarios; Bulge Revived and Dark Winter. He also designed a scenario in HPS Leipzig as well as the Waterloo Campaign scenario 4 Days in June. He was a good friend, had a good sense of humor, liked good brewski and with his death my life is diminished. jonnymac
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2014, 11:49 AM,
RE: FMWarBajan is dead
Sorry to hear about Warren, Jonny. Appreciate you posting this. He added a lot here over the years.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-21-2014, 01:39 PM,
Sorry to hear about his passing
08-21-2014, 06:50 PM,
That is very sad to hear, rest in peace Warren.
08-21-2014, 09:07 PM,
This is very shocking to me as for the last few months he has been advising me on an update to my "Wacht am Rhein(Herbstnebel)" Bulge'44 scenario which is partly based on his work mentioned earlier.

I was last in touch only a matter of weeks ago. To the end he was the epitomy of helpfulness and useful suggestions, never mentioning his ill health. I have just finished my latest version and was going to send it to him for his comments, now I never can!

He will be missed.
08-22-2014, 03:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 03:51 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(08-21-2014, 09:07 PM)bdtj1815 Wrote: This is very shocking to me as for the last few months he has been advising me on an update to my "Wacht am Rhein(Herbstnebel)" Bulge'44 scenario which is partly based on his work mentioned earlier.

I was last in touch only a matter of weeks ago. To the end he was the epitomy of helpfulness and useful suggestions, never mentioning his ill health. I have just finished my latest version and was going to send it to him for his comments, now I never can!

He will be missed.

The thing that is hard to swallow and hurts so much is that death is so utterly final.
It's hard to imagine that the words someone spoke to you are the last words you will ever hear from them. jonny
08-22-2014, 03:55 AM,
I am very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and friends.
08-22-2014, 04:06 AM,
I too am sorry to hear. I had been involved in some correspondence with him a few years back regarding potential Napoleonic scenarios (although it was mostly a group discussion). Everyone always spoke (wrote) very highly of him.
08-22-2014, 05:51 AM,
Very sad news...........
08-23-2014, 12:21 AM,
Rest in peace these are allways bad news.