• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

!!! D-DAY !!! Forgotten Battles Tournament is ON (and still recruiting)
08-19-2014, 01:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 05:52 PM by Crossroads.)
Opponent Wanted  !!! D-DAY !!! Forgotten Battles Tournament is ON (and still recruiting)
So it took longer than anticipated, but the Forgotten Battles 2.0 Add-On is now here. Included in the Campaign Series 2.02 User Mod content, it adds a plethora of new stuff to EF and WF (with content to RS coming later).

There's a lot of scenarios that has been made available based on the Forgotten Battles 1.x versions, and as Campaign Series 2.00 more or less includes this content, most of those scenarios are available as-is, without further need to enable the modification.

Tournament Kicks Off on Sept 6! Battles to be covered over the Tournament are:

- Polish - Soviet War of 1920
- Soviet Union invasion of Poland 1939
- Finno-Soviet Winter War and Continuation War
- Finno-German Lappland War
- Barbarossa (new minor countries / units)
- Allied Bulgarians
- Polish People's Army Scenarios (Thank You Marw!)
- Soviets vs West 'What-If' Conflicts

A DETAILED LIST OF SCENARIOS CAN BE FOUND HERE

As the purpose of the mod is indeed to make these forgotten battles forgotten-no-more, what better than to launch a tournament to cover the content!

Recruiting will remain open until say Mid September, after which the hostilities can begin. My idea is to take all the registered players and sort them to two teams according to their ELO. As Axis/Allied allocation varies from conflict to another, there will be no Axis or Allied as such, just 'Side A' and 'Side B'.

Everyone clocking six finished battles will receive a participant medal, then there will be the best player for each side, and finally the top gun of the whole tournament.

Folks can come and go just as with World In Flames Tournament, there is no obligation to play all scenarios. Single battles (and NOT mirrored games).

Please Join In Salute

Forgotten Battles Crew:

Battle Kat
Crown Prince
Ivan The Big
Juan Manuel
Boisforas
Ed
Chris Merchant
Ashcloud
Otto von Blotto
dawags
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 08:18 AM,
RE: Forgotten Battles Tournament is Recruiting!
Count me in! Fresh bait hereeee!!
08-19-2014, 07:21 PM,
Hey Petri,

Count this old CS veteran in!Rifle

There are some interesting scenarios in your DB. A couple I have played purely for test purpose as you know.

Should be an interesting tourney, looking forward to it.Islander

Ivan the BigCigar5
08-19-2014, 11:02 PM,
Hi

Presents a recruit!!

Regards
08-19-2014, 11:19 PM,
Boisforas here, at your service for a forgotten battle!
08-20-2014, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 01:02 AM by Crossroads.)
(08-19-2014, 08:18 AM)CrownPrinceBavaria Wrote: Count me in! Fresh bait hereeee!!

Welcome aboard Sir! How's things in getting out of Boot Camp, do you have a first PBEM underway yet?

(08-19-2014, 07:21 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Petri,

Count this old CS veteran in!Rifle

There are some interesting scenarios in your DB. A couple I have played purely for test purpose as you know.

Should be an interesting tourney, looking forward to it.Islander

Ivan the BigCigar5

Welcome aboard Sir! Of course there are some great scenarios, as one of them is by you! Helmet Wink

(08-19-2014, 11:02 PM)Juan Manuel Wrote: Hi

Presents a recruit!!

Regards

Welcome aboard Sir!

(08-19-2014, 11:19 PM)Boisforas Wrote: Boisforas here, at your service for a forgotten battle!

Welcome aboard Sir!

Then There Were Five.

Plenty of room for more cannon fodder! Whip Please Join In Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-20-2014, 12:32 PM,
I'll play
08-23-2014, 04:58 AM,
(08-20-2014, 12:32 PM)Ed Wrote: I'll play

Welcome aboard Sir!

Still room for more. Please Join In! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-23-2014, 11:54 AM,
About time I played some CS again. Please count me in. Do I need to reactivate my account I wonder.

cheers
08-23-2014, 06:27 PM,
(08-23-2014, 11:54 AM)Chris Merchant Wrote: About time I played some CS again. Please count me in. Do I need to reactivate my account I wonder.

cheers

Welcome aboard Sir! Yes please do reactivate your Ladder account. The idea is that all the games within the tournament are reported to Ladder as well, to allow for ladder points Helmet Smile

Still Room For More Salute

PS Everyone: Please do install 2.02 if you have not already done so. I assume the easiest way to do it is to just click the Update link on the gamas Main Menu (the one where you launch each separate game as well: East Front, Rising Sun, West Front. Update is the fifth link from the top, after Manual.)
Visit us at CSLegion.com