• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The 3.0 Engine Upgrade for CMBN and CMFI has been released
08-11-2014, 11:02 AM,
The 3.0 Engine Upgrade for CMBN and CMFI has been released
I quote the update list found on the battlefront.com homepage:
"Graphics
Hit impacts to vehicles and bunkers now shown graphically ("hit decals")
Water animates for fording units
Improved shaders

Gameplay
Ground units are now able to fire at attacking aircraft
Ammo Dumps allow platoons to have reserve ammo stored separately on map (automatically distributed for certain Skill Levels)
WeGo TCP/IP with the ability to save but not the ability to replay combat action
Spotters restricted to directing only one Mission at a time. Assets can now be group fired.
More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons.
Improved load time for scenarios, especially larger ones with complex terrain

User Interface
Three different sets of camera controls; Standard (traditional), First Person Shooter, and Real Time Strategy
Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing
KIAs are shown in the Soldier/Crew Panels to track soldiers lost during the game
Option to disable music separate from other game sounds

Editor
Ability to create AI Triggers that execute actions based on other units or interaction with Objectives (existing battles do not have this, but it can be added by authors if they wish)
Maximum map size increased
Improved responsiveness of 2D editing, especially for large maps
Improved load time for 3D Preview, especially large maps
Customized "Mod Tags" for most graphics. This allows for multiple mods for the same item without the need to move items in/out of Data folder
Ability to specify specific mods be used for a specific Scenario. If CM fails to find the specified mod it will use the default"

Best regards
08-11-2014, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM by Steiner14.)
RE: The 3.0 Engine Upgrade for CMBN and CMFI has been released
No tank riders?
This is surprising even me.
How to reduce and split up a shrinking and already small user base? Exclude one of the most important features in CMRT and create two versions of the game engine, so that no potential new customer will have a clue which features wich theatre has, without spending an afternoon on it.
Incredible.
08-12-2014, 01:26 AM,
(08-11-2014, 07:13 PM)Steiner14 Wrote: No tank riders?
This is surprising even me.
How to reduce and split up a shrinking and already small user base? Exclude one of the most important features in CMRT and create two versions of the game engine, so that no potential new customer will have a clue which features wich theatre has, without spending an afternoon on it.
Incredible.

And if you bothered to read their explanation first instead of attacking them once, yet again, you might actually have a bit of credibility left. Incredible! Rolling Eyes

Once yet again @Steiner14

[img][Image: timetostopposting_zpsb0f1649b.jpg][/img]
08-12-2014, 03:48 AM,
I agree with Steiner14.

And what you are doing @enigma6584 is kind of mobbing.
Everybody can say his opinion.
08-12-2014, 04:16 AM,
(08-12-2014, 03:48 AM)Shorker Wrote: I agree with Steiner14.

And what you are doing @enigma6584 is kind of mobbing.
Everybody can say his opinion.

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, not all opinions are equal. In the words of David Thorne;

Quote:Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not.”

My opinion is that Steiner14 keeps showing his nipples at every opportunity and I've seen those same nipples over and over and over...One can't have a decent discussion on these forum boards anymore about this game without some snide, dig at BF for why or how they do things.
08-12-2014, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 10:23 AM by Steiner14.)
Enigma,
if you believe that ad hominem attacks can replace arguments, then this may be a tactics to silence sceptics, but it will not create new customers nor will it expand the customer base.
You fanboys live in the illusion, if you dominate a forum like you do with the Battlefront forum, and have silenced a critical customer again, that the problem for his dissatisfaction was gone, too.
The problem is not solved, because the problem is not the sceptic, but the problem is that a customer is not satisfied. Ofcourse for the fanboy there is no problem, but only the proove, that the customer is wrong and has no clue.

What I find especially remarkable is the fact, that the same people argue, that CM was a niche product. But when customers of this niche product raise their dissatifaction, the fanboys act, as if it was a mass selling product in the millions and that a hand full of unsatisfied customers would not matter.
08-12-2014, 02:11 PM,
Still sticking those nipples out eh? I think Battlefront is the best decider as to who they are going after as customers. What they want to create in a product, how long they'll need to create it and what they can reasonably charge to recoup their costs. They are the ones who have skin the game, not you. They are still in business last I looked. So don't pretend you know how their target market is reacting. You only know you are not satisfied and that is all.

I'd also be careful who you are saying lives in an illusion. More likely those who keep pestering BF to give them something for nothing, to work for free in effect are the ones not seeing clearly. In fact I'd say that's pretty delusional, IMHO of course.
08-12-2014, 06:08 PM,
Guys can't see the problem, you can read the post but you don't have to agree...........Solution if you don't want the upgrade or don't agree with it....Don't buy it..........Easy Hey
08-12-2014, 07:28 PM,
Yes, in principle it is that easy.

No offence meant here to anyone - I would like to stick to logical arguments and to avoid
personal attacks.

At the BFF I was also accused of being someone who would want something for free - very strange.
Maybe this is an intercultural misunderstanding here in general?

The DLC salami tactics for to increase the price of a product through the backdoor is an American invention and it seems to be an accepted practice there whereas the Germans prefer a "clear
contract" and we consider price changes that are made afterwards to be dishonest and condemnable. (Only my theory but maybe it goes in this direction).

But I will keep it like Hedgehog said in the end.
08-12-2014, 07:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM by Steiner14.)
(08-12-2014, 02:11 PM)enigma6584 Wrote: I think Battlefront is the best decider as to who they are going after as customers.

The shrinking base of CMx2 players shows a different reality.

Quote:What they want to create in a product, how long they'll need to create it and what they can reasonably charge to recoup their costs. They are the ones who have skin the game, not you. They are still in business last I looked.

Prototypical yes-man attitude.

Quote:You only know you are not satisfied and that is all.

By looking at their forums it's easy to see, your claim is dead wrong.

But not only that. By reading the forums, did you notice one thing? One of their two programmers doesn't even know if a the water effect bug for unspotted units is in the upgrade or not. This should be an alarm signal highest order, because obviously the left hand in this tiny company doesn't know what the right hand is doing. So much about their business competence.
But since there is an awful yes-men attitude ruling their forums, there is no pressure building from the customer side. And this missing pressure would be the healthy corrective to get things done properly. It is missing. That's dangerous.

Quote:I'd also be careful who you are saying lives in an illusion. More likely those who keep pestering BF to give them something for nothing, to work for free in effect are the ones not seeing clearly.

Strawman. I did not demand anything for free.
Your outright lies, illogical comparisons, strawmans and cognitive dissonance will not turn disappointed customers of an already small user base into satsified customers.