• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding
07-14-2014, 02:19 PM,
Modding
I was wondering if there was a thread on the subject of modding somewhere??

I have done a little bit of research and I have seen some great looking mods, but my only worry is how it would affect multiplayer (PBEM etc.)

thanks
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2014, 12:12 AM,
RE: Modding
What are you worried about with regard to PBEM? BFC really have not allowed modding in the strict sense that the game is changed by the mod. What they have implemented is skinning where only the look of components can be changed. So, any mods (skins) you are running on your machine have no effect on the look your opponents sees. Their mods (skins) effect what they see. In fact the skins you are using do not change the spotting characteristics either, or any other game behaviour. Someone has created a pink panther mod (skin) that turns Panther tanks bright pink. They are no easier or harder to stop because of it.

There have been some tests on load times and even there the load times are only slightly slower with gigs of mod files.

Does that cover your question or were you thinking of something else.
07-15-2014, 05:28 AM,
No thats great. I was only worried if the mods installed could cause in error with game files. What about sound mods? That was my biggest interest

Thanks for the reply by the way
07-15-2014, 06:04 AM,
Oh right sound is the same - no material effect on the game. It is all just for your enjoyment.