• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to post nifty images on the forums.
06-30-2014, 09:54 AM,
How to post nifty images on the forums.
Here at the blitz there are several ways to post images in your posts on the forums. This is just a quick tutorial to demonstrate the two easiest ways.

1. Take a screen shot either by using the snipping tool in WIN7 and above or pressing the alt/PrntScr key combination.
2. Paste the image in an editor program. Simple free editors are Infranview, MS paint or any of the MS office suite applications.
3. After you have edited the image, save your image in a directory on your PC. The jpg extension seems to work the best. You can always skip the editing and just save the image as is.
4. To attach the image to your post, a simple method is to click on the Browse button in the Add Attachment box at the bottom of the screen of the full posting editor in the forum. Choose your image and click the Open button in the dialog box. Once the file name appears on the forum page click the Add Attachment button. Then post your forum message to the forum as normal.
The image is not shown directly in the post. It is available to be clicked on by members reading the post to see it.

Note, attachments are always placed by the system at the bottom of your post.
[Image: attachments.JPG]

5. Another method is to upload the image to your profile first then paste the image from there into your posting editor and post your message. This will cause the image to be easily seen inside your post as these images are.
Click on the image in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Click on the Browse button.
Choose your image from your PC. Click the Open button. After choosing all the images you want to send, click the upload button. Because you are a member and logged in, the blitz system knows where your profile is and will store the image appropriately.
Once you image(s) are uploaded successfully, position your cursor in your post message where you want the image to appear and click on it.
Bing, bang, boom, the image is entered into your post.
Post your message to the forum as normal and you are done.

Image button.
[Image: Image%20button.jpg]

Upload Dialog
[Image: Upload%20file.JPG]

Choose your image
[Image: Choose%20a%20file.JPG]

Bing, bang, boom, the image is entered into your post.
[Image: SCW%20VC%20screen.JPG]

Dog Soldier

Attached Files
.jpg   attachments2.JPG (Size: 22.51 KB / Downloads: 1)
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 10:09 PM,
RE: How to post nifty images on the forums.
I was a tad bit confused. For me, non-administrator and normal privilege guy, the image icon on the toolbar does NOT show until I am in the "New Reply" window of the posting tree.

[Image: Screenshot_1.jpg]

It does not show even if I am in the "Quick Reply" window.

But when I am in the "New Reply" the feature worked as you described. Thanks!
07-02-2014, 03:34 PM,
RE: How to post nifty images on the forums.
That is correct. Quick Reply is just that, a quick reply without full functionality. That is true for everyone.
Use the full function new reply to attach images and all the other bells and whistles.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp