• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program
06-19-2014, 08:37 PM,
News  Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program
Whose Turn Is It? Product Page

This utility program will help you manage your PBEM games for Combat Mission 2 titles (e.g. Battle for Normandy and Fortress Italy). Once you tell 'Whose Turn Is It?' where your CM2 game is installed you can see which PBEM games you have a turn to play and which PBEM games you are waiting for your opponent to play. You can then tell 'Whose Turn Is It?' where to find new turn files and where to put turn files for your opponents and 'Whose Turn Is It?' will copy your PBEM turns to and from your file synchronization tool.

[Image: AutoDetectNewGames.png]

This project is now officially released for both Windows and Mac. Myself and four other users have been using it for well over a year now and I can report that it works. This program requires Java 1.7. The Windows installers can check your machine and download Java from the Oracle web site. For the Mac you have to have Java 1.7 installed your self first.

Check out the major features on the New and Noteworthy Page

When you want to get started make sure you read the Getting Started Guide
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2014, 12:23 AM,
Opponent Needed  RE: Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program
Whose Turn Is It? has been released for both the PC and the Mac. I added a couple of new features to the final build: the age of your turns is displayed in the turn list and when new games are started by known opponents the turns show up in the list too allowing you to right click to add them to the managed game list.

Try it out and let me know what you think.
07-15-2014, 02:01 AM,
RE: Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program
Green as Jade's 'Combat Mission Helper' is the CM tool I use to handle my games. What does this one do that his doesn't?
"You can call me by my first name...Sarge!"
07-15-2014, 06:03 AM,
RE: Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program
Its job is the same. I am not familiar with every feature CMHelper has - I suppose I should look. Mine is based on the principal that once the game is setup Whose Turn Is It should easily be able to tell you what turns you have to play. It has two lists on screen one to show you the turns you need to play - by default sorted from oldest to newest so you can play the turns your opponents sent you in order. The other list shows the turns you are waiting for your opponents to play, again by default sorted from oldest to newest so you can check if there are some games you might want to remind your opponent about.

When you select a turn any notes you entered about the game show on the panel under the list. This means you can remind yourself of the password and make notes to remind your self things. Sometimes with slow turns I forget about artillery timing or other plans that are part way in the works. I often write my self reminders in the notes field.

When game ends you can archive all the turns into a .zip file as you clean up the turns on your computer and shared directory.

Once you have used a shared directory for an opponent WTII will monitor that share for new games that your opponent wants to start. Then with the easy send and receive turns wizards you can tell WTII which CM game to play the turn with and launch to start the game.