• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to the developer:)
06-07-2014, 10:33 PM,
Question to the developer:)
Now the game has been out for awhile and you've received alot of feedback from players has this prompted any future engine changes, be it in a future patch or the next game in the series?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 10:39 PM,
RE: Question to the developer:)
(06-07-2014, 10:33 PM)Wodin Wrote: Now the game has been out for awhile and you've received alot of feedback from players has this prompted any future engine changes, be it in a future patch or the next game in the series?

Hi Wodin,

We are working on the first patch currently.

This will be both engine changes and scenario updates (particularly multiplayer). This patch will apply to Kursk and future games.

We are also working on the second game in the series and that will include a few new features that were not included in Kursk - these features will both add to the game engine and also simulate situations particular to the covered operation.

David
06-13-2014, 05:17 PM,
Good news.
Send this user an email
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM,
Any hint as to which theater the new game will cover?

(BTW - I am thoroughly enjoying the first Panzer Battles title. I'm only about halfway through the scenarios but I must say that it is one of the best wargames I have played in a long time. I very much look forward to future releases).
07-10-2014, 02:28 PM,
(07-10-2014, 01:03 PM)stolypin Wrote: Any hint as to which theater the new game will cover?

(BTW - I am thoroughly enjoying the first Panzer Battles title. I'm only about halfway through the scenarios but I must say that it is one of the best wargames I have played in a long time. I very much look forward to future releases).

John mentioned details in one of the video interviews he did.

In summary, the game under development was meant to be the original game in the series. It's West Front. The original development team had done a huge amount of work and it was well along the cycle before going on hiatus.

The positive news is that an initial testing version will be going out to testers this weekend.

The map is beautiful, particularly with the enhanced graphics from Kursk and some Western European buildings etc. One of the original scenario developers is working on the title and just delivered some additional scenarios to go with the ones already completed.

The OB has been redone to Kursk standard (more renaming of components than a revamp - the original is exceptionally accurate) and all new artwork - again at Kursk standard is close to completion. The big positive is that with the artwork for Kursk & the West Front done, we are only missing winter graphics for units to have a full library of artwork. We will need Winter graphics for follow on titles.

As we enter the testing cycle there is still a lot of work to do and based on Kursk experiences we are also testing various engine changes that if successful will be included for Kursk also. The testing and tweaking of scenarios will take a while, so I ask for your patience. There is a really diverse range of scenarios and quite a few that are on a smaller scale to promote fast and focused play.

I want to ensure that appropriate credit is given to the original designers, they really did most of the heavy lifting for this new title.

Finally, thank you for the kind words regarding Kursk. We enjoyed bringing the game to you and despite a few niggles we believe it is a superlative system. We will continue to enhance the game series with both new titles and adjustments to the engine.

David
07-10-2014, 06:58 PM,
Great news, i really like Kursk as game but i play it less than i want... to cover a battle i never like a lot play in wargames made me attract interest to the battle even when i dont like a lot AT combat system.

If i dont remember bad the old image we can see in Tiller store for PzB had some "bocage" terrain (or swamp if you use a little imagination hehehe) and the allied counters looks .... UKastic!!! maybe by terrain+counter+a tiger in the german side i think in Normandy but could be another 44 battle.

Ummm you only dont have winter terrain??? you have desert??? Big Grin2

PD: you dont talk about "armored battles" the modern son of PzB... is this serie in development or you are waiting to release the patch for Kursk and the new game??? in my list of "wargames to buy" there is allways a slot for Tiller... well, more than 1 slot i am waiting to the WWI new title, i buy a shooter, i plan buy a strategic title and need complete the middle area Helmet Rolleyes
07-10-2014, 11:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 05:09 AM by kolc.)
...I am hoping there is some desert.....

One other thing I would like see is a feature to highlight a unit's targets...similar to what is in Squad Battles...maybe it is already in the game and I just haven't found it yet....Batman Confused
07-11-2014, 06:26 AM,
Very excited to hear about "West Front" Panzer Battles! Very much enjoy this new series and eagerly awaiting more titles (with patience of course). :) The scale is just perfect IMHO.
07-11-2014, 01:15 PM,
(07-10-2014, 11:00 PM)kolc Wrote: ...I am hoping there is some desert.....

One other thing I would like see is a feature to highlight a unit's targets...similar to what is in Squad Battles...maybe it is already in the game and I just haven't found it yet....Batman Confused

After selecting your unit, click the hot Key 'G'. That will show you all the targets this unit can shoot at.

If the unit you want to shoot with has equal S/A and H/A ranges, then you are all good to go.

It takes a bit of practice getting used to knowing when a target hex is out side your unit's H/A range and thus can only be hit with your unit's longer S/A range. And the reverse its true for units with longer H/A range than S/A range.

Hope this helps!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-12-2014, 02:39 AM,
(07-11-2014, 01:15 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 11:00 PM)kolc Wrote: ...I am hoping there is some desert.....

After selecting your unit, click the hot Key 'G'. That will show you all the targets this unit can shoot at.

If the unit you want to shoot with has equal S/A and H/A ranges, then you are all good to go.

It takes a bit of practice getting used to knowing when a target hex is out side your unit's H/A range and thus can only be hit with your unit's longer S/A range. And the reverse its true for units with longer H/A range than S/A range.

Hope this helps!

Dog Soldier
Yes it does....thanks