• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Take a part in largest tank battle in operation Winter Storm - Testers needed
04-19-2014, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 08:50 AM by PawelM.)
Take a part in largest tank battle in operation Winter Storm - Testers needed
I decided to give it ago as a scenario designer...

My first choice was a historical scenario based on the large tank battle of over 400 tanks, which took place during Operation Winter storm (i.e. relief operation for 6th Army surrounded at Stalingrad). 6Pz Div vs few Russian tank and mechanized regiments. All action taking place in the bare steppe, so not many wooded areas and villages to hide.. Only few hills and depressions to play with for your ambushes.

Looking for players, willing to help with testing, either against me or against other opponent of their choice.

The scenario is available in H2H section :

https://www.theblitz.club/h2h-production...rio&id=361
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014, 12:13 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Testers needed for largest tank battle in operation Winter Storm
Gents: Smoke7

It's been a while since a new scenario has been uploaded into the H2H Test Area... Yikes

... and Pawel's debut design looks really good! Big Grin

It features a medium-sized map with room for maneuver and ambush!

Manstein kommet (Manstein comes) has interesting and unique OOBs. Russians have a battalion of OT-34 flame thrower tanks while the Germans have large numbers of Panzer III's and IV's.

It is a 25-turn scenario that should play quickly and has huge 500 point VP's! Yikes

Reminder - Test players will receive 40 bonus ladder points each for submitting a complete H2H Test Report... and I'll throw in an extra 10 points (50 points total per player) for the first two test teams (4 players) who sign up to test Pawel's scenario! Helmet Smile

Pack your snow parkas... and check out Manstein kommet today! Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-23-2014, 07:44 AM,
(04-19-2014, 08:43 AM)PawelM Wrote: I decided to give it ago as a scenario designer...

My first choice was a historical scenario based on the large tank battle of over 400 tanks, which took place during Operation Winter storm (i.e. relief operation for 6th Army surrounded at Stalingrad). 6Pz Div vs few Russian tank and mechanized regiments. All action taking place in the bare steppe, so not many wooded areas and villages to hide.. Only few hills and depressions to play with for your ambushes.

Looking for players, willing to help with testing, either against me or against other opponent of their choice.

The scenario is available in H2H section :

https://www.theblitz.club/h2h-production...rio&id=361

Boisforas here, Bill & I just started this scenario & so far, it looks good. Way back in the day, I did this scenario for Panzer Blitz DYO which was updated & reprinted in a PB 'zine later. I must admit, I did the classic mistake of overloading the Axis which the guys at the 'zine fixed. Nice choice! Eric
04-24-2014, 06:57 AM,
Very good. Thanks for you help guys and looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers6
04-28-2014, 08:47 AM,
General PawelM (i.e. fictional armchair general Jester) has taken over the command of Russian forces in one of the test games. Here is and extract from his war diary in charge of units from 13th Tank Corps:

"Dec 12, 1942
It has begun. German relief action for 6th Army surrounded, by our victorious armies, is has now been no doubt under way. Today, started fairly uneventfully in our sector north of Aksay river. However, but midday increasing number of reports were coming from our allied units south of Aksay that strong enemy attacks were advancing quickly towards the crossing on the river. Our intelligence in the past days were indicating strong enemy concentration near Kotelnikovo, which included 6 Panzer Division freshly arrived from the Western Europe. This suggested the enemy was preparing for the attack to be launched in from there. Over the lass few days, our forces south of Aksay river were launching attacks to hinder enemy preparations, with only a limited success (as per reports from Stavka). It seems this was not effective enough to derail enemy preparations for the relief operation.
By night fall, the enemy reached Aksay river and managed to gain the crossing at Zalivskiy. Situation was getting serious. Orders from Stavka came in the evening to launch a strong counter attacks the next morning to liquidate enemy bridgehead at Zalivskiy.
Our friendly units were to launch the attach from the west on both sides of the river and from the east and north. Our Corps was to stand by in reserve for the forces attacking from the north. Situation at the end of the day and plan of the attack to be launched the next day is shown in map 1.

Dec 13, 1942
Our units were moving towards Aksay river, early in the morning, when the message from Army command came. Strong enemy formations have crossed the Aksay river and were heading towards Verkhniy Kumskiy.
Order for our corps were clear: Stop the enemy's advance at all cost. Immediate objectives, received from Army Command, were to take control of Verkhniy Kumskiy and push the enemy behind Aksay river. In addition, we were order to provide aid to one of our tank brigades, which was assembling north east from Zalivskiy. It has been cut off and under heavy attack by large number of enemy tanks.
Forces immediately available to the carry out the assignment, where 17th Mechanized Brigade from our Corps and 235 Flamethrower tank brigade. The latter one was attached to the 4th Mechanized Corps at the time. Also Army Command made available 2 independent tank regiments which, where to join us. However, they were farther from the area and were likely to arrive at the scene of the battle later than our forces. T
As soon as the village of Verkhniy Kumskiy appeared in our sight, we were welcomed by anti tank gun and artillery fire. Immediately, followed by large number of enemy tanks appearing on a higher ground east of the village. It appeared that enemy managed to occupy the village by now, and get ready for our arrival. We were confronted with a choice, to attack strong enemy with what we had in hand as soon as possible to relief or wait with the main assault for arrival of the tank brigades promised by Army Command? "

Do you think you can make better choices? Why not try it and start testing the scenario available in H2H section. Helmet Wink

Attached Files
.jpg   map1.JPG (Size: 76.45 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   map2.JPG (Size: 51.8 KB / Downloads: 12)
05-03-2014, 04:42 AM,
RE: Take a part in largest tank battle in operation Winter Storm - Testers needed
I'm playing this now...this is a really good scene!!!

Some more of you Blitzers should jump in for playtesting, it'll be worth your time
05-03-2014, 09:23 AM,
RE: Take a part in largest tank battle in operation Winter Storm - Testers needed
i will play test the scn, just need an opnt.
05-05-2014, 07:42 AM,
(05-03-2014, 09:23 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: i will play test the scn, just need an opnt.

I have a few test games at the moment, but if no one volounteers, I can play with you when I finish one of the current games.... I relly think it is an interesting battle and that was the reason I picked it as my debut scenario design...
05-08-2014, 11:26 AM,
(05-03-2014, 09:23 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: i will play test the scn, just need an opnt.

Hello Rebel, lets give it a go
05-09-2014, 08:01 AM,
(05-08-2014, 11:26 AM)JRTXX Wrote:

Hello Rebel, lets give it a go

I have 3 test games, so I cannot play any more of this scenario (even it is mine and I like it :) ). I hope you can find an opponent. If not I can play in the next round of testing.

cheers