• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some changes here at the SB community
04-17-2015, 12:09 AM,
Some changes here at the SB community
Gents,

Wanted to let you know about some changes that will be taking place over the next month or so. After 7 years of running the SB forum/ladder here at the Blitz, I plan to retire effective June 1st. The search will begin to fill my role as co-moderator and co-ladder administrator. If you have an interest in this position, I'd recommend contacting Compass Rose with your interest. I'm sure they'd love to get a new enthusiastic person on-board to continue working with the great community we've got here at the Blitz.

I will be around on the boards, so I'm not vanishing, just relinquishing my day-to-day duties here. There are things that occupy most of my free time at this stage of my life. Gaming isn't much of a priority any longer. It's time to let someone new take over.

For the time being I will continue to operate Task Force Echo 4, mostly as a historical entity. I don't foresee adding new material from this point forward. The community has started to dwindle in terms of content. Of course I'll add things if the demand is there, but at some point I will probably retire from that role as well.

Thanks for all the support over the years. It's the players that make this community great. I just kept the lights on for you all....

Alan
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2015, 02:43 AM,
RE: Some changes here at the SB community
Thanks for all your support BRO
04-17-2015, 03:31 AM,
Thank you for all your hard work.

Pauli
04-17-2015, 09:55 PM,
Hey Alan!

I more than understand where you are coming from with life outside games. I wish you the best in the future!

Thanks for all you have done for SB and the Blitz!!!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
04-17-2015, 10:25 PM,
Hear, Hear, For He's a Jolly Good Fellow - Which Nobody Can Deny!!

Heartfelt thanks for the countless hours you have given to make our community that much better. Your service has added much value to the Squad battles community, and given me along with many others great joy in our hobby.

C H E E R S ! ! ! !

Steve
05-28-2015, 11:03 PM,
Thanks for all the great work Alan, one day we will get that scenario going!
06-02-2015, 10:16 AM,
Bravo Zulu Alan

Thanks for all your work and enjoy retirement

cheers Laz
06-03-2015, 07:24 AM,
Alan, a huge thank you for all of your efforts in helping this online community thrive as much as it has over the years. You really made this into a wonderful community that is full of very good-natured people who are highly respectful of one another. (And that is no small feat!) Congrats on what you have achieved here, thank you for all of your hard work, and I wish you all the very best in your well-deserved retirement.

Bill

PS: I do hope someday I can even my 0-1 record against you... Wink
06-06-2015, 08:41 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Some changes here at the SB community
7 years, no mean feat. Thank you, and once again thanks.
06-18-2015, 11:43 AM,
Thanks for all the years of good and hard work. I know when I was new to SB the Task Force Echo site was invaluable and it is much appreciated!