• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future games
04-09-2014, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 10:02 PM by Brammer.)
Future games
I was wondering if we are going to see any more games in this series? F'14 is a good game, it would be nice to see some more games from WWI particularly in the east. I would also like to see some more games from the eastern front of WW2, from the 1941
time frame. Say a game on the drive to Lenningrad or the battles around Kiev.

Also, I was wondering if there were going to be any more games from the Total War in Europe. Seems like it has been a long time since the last one game out.
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 11:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 11:52 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Future games
Looks like in 2014 we are going to see a new title in WWI serie (lakes and cosacks???), maybe 1 PzB title and i dont have clear at all if the PzB modern serie AKA "Armored Battles" is going to have 1st title in 2014... and of course PzB, NAP and SQB have options for a ninja release hehehe.

PzC serie has many missing battles... in 1941 and in late war, i want buy and play PzB Berlin45 before know what is behind the guy with the scythe Dead Big Grin2
04-10-2014, 04:05 AM,
Unless some unforeseen disaster overtakes us there will be another WW1 title released this year, the fact that Strela is very committed to the Panzer Battles series right now and Glenn is taking a sabbatical means I would be surprised to see a new PzC release, but that is just my opinion and not based on any inside knowledge. Wink

In the recent JT podcast he was keen to point out that TWiE is not dead and new titles should come out a some point??
04-10-2014, 05:08 AM,
Maybe i understand it bad but 1 title for WWI is the plan no??? because i understand in your last post 1+1 ... maybe is the craving Helmet Wink
04-10-2014, 07:29 AM,
Yes, one title at a time. Wink
04-11-2014, 03:57 AM,
TWiE series really needs to be revamped, maybe something totally different. Incorporate the land, sea and air as well as manpower and resources for controlling your own production. Make it very detailed like War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition, but much more user friendly to play. Air in Squadrons with assignments for Squadrons to Wings and Wings to Air Forces. Naval as individual ships and mixed somewhere between WitP and PzCs. I see no reason you can't have a naval portion based on that other than a lot of work. Ground somewhere between TWiE and PzCs. You have to husband your resources to build your forces like you should. Maybe as Axis, you want to use some resources to build or rebuil the 23rd Pz Div, but you also have a serious need to use some of those same resources for ME109s and you have to decide one or the other or take a smaller split for parts of both. Keep certain aspects like being able to click on a squadron and have the range on so you can see where to use them effectively. Also possible to have naval action when two TFs bump heads and the action is on the PzCs level unless it is purely a carrier affair which could still be conducted with two map insets. Ground game would have to be seriously revamped from WitP to somewhere in the TWiE area, but combat has to be defferent as that one shows you assigning assaults but with bad odds. You assign another Div and it shows you the odds are better. You could keep adding until you get the overrun message. You shouldn't know all that. You're supposed to be the cdr and make the decisions, not waiting until the game says you have enough. I would like to see the game stay around PzCs type somehow.\

A post ww2 of the same would also be cool. When to upgrade your new tanks, planes etc. As U.S., do you or do you not get involved in Vietnam or ww3 breaks out at some point. A global map like the old Superpower game with the countries color coded like blue for NATO and red for WP with others different shades of blue or red for which way third world countries are leaning. Others would be grey because neither side is investing in them and so on. I know there would be a lot of forces considering we're talking the entire world, but I think if could be done with the detail and use friendly, those would be good games. You can click to anywhere in the world by rotating the global map and then clicking on a country and a map comes up and you can see all their forces if they are under your control and it looks like PzCs type map and units. Countries that are different shades of blue lean more toward NATO or SEATO, shades of red lean toward communists or red for the USSR and countries could be shades of yellow for leaning toward China, whatever. Countries with current conflicts, whether it is conventional war with another country or with dissident rebels would have a flaming torch or something so you can easily see where the combat is going on. A person can control as many countries as he wants like all of NATO.

Same could be done for other areas as well, even a colonial times global game or even start back in ancient times. If anybody can do those, JT and his crew would be the ones to trust it would be pretty good.

I know it seems like a lot of babble, but it is pretty clear in my head. Of course, we all know that ain't saying a whole lot! :)
04-28-2014, 05:14 AM,
Schwerpunkt's World War II Europe looks interesting.

http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=83493
04-29-2014, 07:31 PM,
I have the feeling we are going to have the WWI title in a centenary maybe in late august??? hehehe.

4 months give us to the trench boys Rifle3Rifle4 Big Grin
04-30-2014, 01:38 PM,
(04-29-2014, 07:31 PM)Xaver Wrote: Rifle3Rifle4

(These guys are reeeeeally lousy shots....)
04-30-2014, 08:42 PM,
Well maybe i can add them some support Big Grin

RifleRifle3Rifle4Mortar

Lets see if in a few months we can see cannon fodder running to MGs, you know, summer olympiads in the east Big Grin2