• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Eastern Front Maps
04-05-2014, 12:24 AM,
Eastern Front Maps
I printed a few screenshots of the M42 map last week to gain a better understanding of the road network, then grew curious at the cost in ink to do the whole series.
Has anyone looked at all the eastern from maps and worked out how much all the game maps overlap? If they do overlap, then are they contiguous?
Are there big gaps?
Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM,
RE: Eastern Front Maps
(04-05-2014, 12:24 AM)Lien Leposh Wrote: I printed a few screenshots of the M42 map last week to gain a better understanding of the road network, then grew curious at the cost in ink to do the whole series.
Has anyone looked at all the eastern from maps and worked out how much all the game maps overlap? If they do overlap, then are they contiguous?
Are there big gaps?
Cheers.

They don't all overlap .. the gaps can depend on the maps - for example the Kharkov 42 and 43 maps sort of match up with the Kursk map (they were made at different times probably by different guys) - the elevation changes don't match up and the road/railroad and even watercourses iirc) don't match up... although I still assembled the maps anyway.

There is a gap between the Korsun map and these sets - it isn't all that relatively large but off the top of my head I don't remember what a more exact width would be.

The Stalingrad map does not reach the above group - and I don't think the Moscow ones do either (Moscow being sorta Moscow, Minsk, Smolensk, Rzhev). Moscow 41 and 42 btw... some of that set -the second go round includes areas from the prior maps for example I think the Moscows include (if not all -certainly most of) the Rzhev area - and I am fairly certain that the Minsk 44 map includes a large amount -if not all, of the Smolensk '41 map area - I know it had the Vitebsk area on the Minsk map...

and of course, you also have Budapest 45 which is well away from all of the other titles.

The point being that there is no single map file that is being sliced up for these - although as time goes on... who knows... also they are not done on the EF from what I understand -but that is about the only thing I know about that sort of thing.

Printing? I guess that can be variable based upon the scale of the map that you are using. I do screenshot images in both zoom in and zoom out mode ... so that can vary ... but I really don't know the answer .... it might also depend upon your choice of inks ... me? I am cheap so I use generics.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply