• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Disrupted and FOW
03-26-2014, 09:34 PM,
Disrupted and FOW
I was thinking whether Disrupted status should be subject to FOW..I mean how would you know the enemy was disrupted? It would also make assaults more risky as it should be.

Just a thought.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2014, 10:00 PM,
RE: Disrupted and FOW
The reasoning is that at this scale, you'd notice if the enemy was disorganized, which considering the 250 meter scale seems reasonable to me.
03-26-2014, 11:40 PM,
(03-26-2014, 10:00 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The reasoning is that at this scale, you'd notice if the enemy was disorganized, which considering the 250 meter scale seems reasonable to me.

Even if in bunkers?

I can imagine knowing when a unit is broken by looking at it but disrupted I think would be difficult to work out just by seeing fleeting glimpses of the enemy esp if they are in cover.
Send this user an email
03-27-2014, 12:04 AM,
(03-26-2014, 11:40 PM)Wodin Wrote:
(03-26-2014, 10:00 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The reasoning is that at this scale, you'd notice if the enemy was disorganized, which considering the 250 meter scale seems reasonable to me.

Even if in bunkers?

I can imagine knowing when a unit is broken by looking at it but disrupted I think would be difficult to work out just by seeing fleeting glimpses of the enemy esp if they are in cover.

I've wondered about the same thing. FOW seems overdone in some cases and underdone in others. With Disrupted units, though, I think you could probably tell by a decrease in the volume of fire. I equate "disruption" with "suppression".

I have a bigger beef with not knowing how many men are in each unit. If I understand how FOW works, XX could mean 10 men or 99. You should be able to pin it down a little closer than that, esp for units in the open that you have engaged for a while.

It would be nice to be able to adjust FOW settings. For gameplay purposes, for example, I'd like to know everything about the enemy except where they are.
03-27-2014, 01:09 AM,
Yeah, some more detailed information about unit composition would be realistic without harming the idea behind having FOW.