• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any decent North Africa scenarios/campaigns for TOAW III?
03-20-2014, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 07:14 AM by Oxford_Guy.)
Any decent North Africa scenarios/campaigns for TOAW III?
Hi - I'm looking for a good platform on which to play both PBEM and games against the AI for WW2's North Africa campaigns. I'm more interested in the 1940-1941 period, than El Alamein etc. I've been considering the John Tiller Tobruk '41 game, but it looks a feels quite dated, though I may be able persevere if the game is good. I'm not expecting cutting edge graphics from TOAW, but they and the interface look a little more modern than the Tiller games.

I was wondering, though, whether there are any decent scenarios/campaigns for North Africa for TOAWIII, and if so, where I can find them? Are there popular ones that people often play by PBEM, as I generally prefer to play a human opponent? Thanks

BTW I would prefer brigade/battalion-level scenarios to company-level ones, I don't want insane micromanagement...
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM,
RE: Any decent North Africa scenarios/campaigns for TOAW III?
The default stock scenario set for WWII African theatre which comes with the game has an entire collection of Bob Cross' reenactments of the key phases of the North African struggle: both a full campaign scenario - I am playing that now in the PBEM mode as the CW forces - lasting from 1940 to 1943 and also broken down into shorter ones, covering the most important operations separately so you can have your pick easily. From my point of view it simply cannot get much better than this. However, the classic TOAW III folder has also got several North African WWII scenarios by other designers and of a slightly different scale.
03-22-2014, 08:54 PM,
Thanks, sounds promising. Do you know of TOAW III is easier to learn than the Tiller Panzer Campaign series? What's the AI like for TOAW?
03-22-2014, 09:05 PM,
What's the AI like in TOAW III? - https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...y1tgE1OW00

Similar learning curve in both games I'd say, having played many scenarios off both game systems. There are pros and cons, oversimplifications in both and ingenious solutions in one that are missing from another for a variety of reasons.