• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO Strategy Danube Front
03-09-2014, 02:00 AM,
NATO Strategy Danube Front
Hey guys. I am back at the Blitz after a hiatus since 2007. I played a lot prior to that but burned out when Danube Front was released. Back in those days I was "Aolain327." I had fun getting beaten by Scar. Brammer was a worthy opponent as well.

Anyway, I am playing DF '85 and wonder if there is an "ideal" defense strategy for NATO?

As best as I can see, defending too far forward is not the best move. Also, it seems to me, with the massive artillery available in this game, that reverse slope is your friend.

Any thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 02:06 PM,
RE: NATO Strategy Danube Front
(03-09-2014, 02:00 AM)Aolain Wrote: Hey guys. I am back at the Blitz after a hiatus since 2007. I played a lot prior to that but burned out when Danube Front was released. Back in those days I was "Aolain327." I had fun getting beaten by Scar. Brammer was a worthy opponent as well.

Anyway, I am playing DF '85 and wonder if there is an "ideal" defense strategy for NATO?

As best as I can see, defending too far forward is not the best move. Also, it seems to me, with the massive artillery available in this game, that reverse slope is your friend.

Any thoughts?

Good to see you again!
03-10-2014, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 03:48 AM by Aaron.)
Dont remember vanilla much but best defense is dont get you units killed peicemeal, know when to pull back to the next line.
Rangers Lead the Way
03-10-2014, 07:16 AM,
(03-10-2014, 03:48 AM)tazaaron Wrote: Dont remember vanilla much but best defense is dont get you units killed peicemeal, know when to pull back to the next line.

Hiroo, Thanks!

Tazaron: Ahhh....I had forgotten about Volcano Man's mods!!

I will download his alt scenarios...they look quite good.
03-11-2014, 01:14 AM,
Hope this is the right thread.

I have downloaded "Bolt from the Blue 5.3" from that site linked from the scenario homepage.

I have the zip, have extracted the files to the DF folder, but do not see the scenario when I launch DF.

I am technology challenged, and often quite dull. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks ahead of time
03-11-2014, 01:51 AM,
Er...nevermind! I did something and it now works. Looks great!