• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Really enjoying the game.
03-05-2014, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014, 05:43 AM by Wodin.)
Really enjoying the game.
Played two scenarios so far and I have to say I really am enjoying it. It is definitely my favourite JT series.

The last few months has been a great time for me as far as wargames go.. Panzer Battles, Flashpoint Campaigns, Lock N Load (which has surprised me I like it so much) and the upcoming CM Red Thunder have made it probably the best few months for me as far as new releases go (Oh and not a wargame but Wings Over Flanders Field is another great new release I'm enjoying).

Looking forward to future releases and can't wait to see how the game grows.

One thing I would like but is purely for chrome\immersion is be able to see how many casualties a unit caused (difficult if firing in a stack but I'm happy if the casualties where randomly distributed). Again it's for immersion purposes and help in creating a story and for writing AAR's...you can rave about your hard as nails Coy as it has a superb kill list..medals requested for them I think!!

One other thing I think if a town\city hex is turned to rubble it should have a slight improved defensive value..taking Stalingrad as an example..the rubble made it alot more difficult to oust the defenders.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 09:31 AM,
RE: Really enjoying the game.
Change the results display to on map display of losses and it will show the losses caused by each firing unit, I believe. At least it did in PzC early days. FOW may impact the details too but I don't think so.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-05-2014, 09:49 AM,
(03-05-2014, 09:31 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Change the results display to on map display of losses and it will show the losses caused by each firing unit, I believe. At least it did in PzC early days. FOW may impact the details too but I don't think so.

Rick

I don't mean that..I mean a the end of the scenario you can click on a unit to see what kills it caused over the battle.
Send this user an email
03-05-2014, 10:28 AM,
Wodin you're a gaming machine...I can't keep up.

I'm passing on this one for now, too busy and not keen on Kursk, but it sounds like good series and I expect to pick it up sooner or later.
03-05-2014, 10:51 AM,
(03-05-2014, 10:28 AM)76mm Wrote: Wodin you're a gaming machine...I can't keep up.

I'm passing on this one for now, too busy and not keen on Kursk, but it sounds like good series and I expect to pick it up sooner or later.

To be honest it's just been a good few months of releases..before Flashpoint Campaigns was released I had only bought CM modules or Graviteam modules for a long long time. I have got more new games in the last few months than I had for about three years!!
Send this user an email
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM,
(03-05-2014, 10:28 AM)76mm Wrote: Wodin you're a gaming machine...I can't keep up.

76mm,

I'll let others comment here, but get rid of any preconceptions you have about Kursk.

The attacking of fortified lines was really only in the first two days, After that there is a lot more open terrain fighting.

Just my 2c.

David
03-07-2014, 01:06 PM,
(03-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Strela Wrote: I'll let others comment here, but get rid of any preconceptions you have about Kursk.

Yeah, thanks, I keep forgetting that part. Will try to read the manual this weekend and decide.
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM,
(03-07-2014, 01:06 PM)76mm Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Strela Wrote: I'll let others comment here, but get rid of any preconceptions you have about Kursk.

Yeah, thanks, I keep forgetting that part. Will try to read the manual this weekend and decide.

Yep, get the Designer notes. That has a full listing (and description) of the scenarios. You can also download the map pack that outlines where each scenario was.

David