• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for a few new games
02-24-2014, 06:32 AM,
Opponent Needed  Looking for a few new games
I'm looking for some new opponents. I've got time to handle a bunch more games and I'd like to play:

1) Medium ME, recon rule, loose rarity.
2) Large ME, TheBlitz combat rules + arty up to 120mm.
3) MG Borderland (currently playing one as axis turn 30, would love to try as allied).
4) Small ME Village, loose rarity recon rule.

Any other proposal is welcome as long as we can set rules to avoid gamey play (i.e. low cost rocket arty, or panther-only foces) TEEHEE

Drop me an email or a PM if interested!
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 02:29 AM,
RE: Looking for a few new games
Found an opponent for MG Borderland. Still looking for opponents for the meeting engagements.
02-28-2014, 06:59 AM,
Hey BBrus,

I'll take you up on the Medium ME if you want. I sent you a PM.

Hunter 2
02-28-2014, 07:21 AM,
I just answered, thanks!
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM,
I will have a go if you will explain what the recon rule is.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-01-2014, 11:31 AM,
There you go:

Quote:1. RECON RULE The 'Recon Rule' is aimed at offering a little spice to essentially Infantry-only games by allowing players to purchase reconnaissance vehicles in addition to infantry.

The 'Recon Rule' game allows vehicles, including light tanks, to be included but limited to those with maximum 50mm guns - this is simply so that the Germans can field Pumas since they have no cheap 37mm armed vehicles which can go toe to toe with the Allies otherwise - and up to a maximum calibre for artillery of 81mm.

HTs, mortar carriers and flamethrower vehicles are all allowed, but not flamethrower tanks since they would not be vulnerable to a 50mm gun.

60mm, 75mm and 81mm mortars and FOs are all allowed - 81mm being the maximum.

There is no limit to the size of towed guns permitted, so you can buy big AT and IG guns if you really want overkill!

The balance of infantry vs armour in his force is entirely up to each player.

Allies should realistically take one country only and although you can mix paratroopers with regular troops, you should not have units from two countries.

Applying the 'Recon Rule' should result in games of dash, chance and manoeuvre in which no one arm of an army is sufficiently strong to dominate the enemy by fire and, as such, it should result in teaching good infantry tactics as infantry will be the key to victory.

Games played to the 'Recon Rule' are usually tactically richer than Infantry-only games whilst still maintaining the essential Infantry focussed nature of Infantry-only games. Furthermore, 'Recon Rule' will help teach infantry tactics for assaulting towns and the like as neither a player's artillery nor his direct fire firepower will be sufficient to suppress an enemy hiding in houses or to destroy those houses.
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM,
OK, well then how about a small ME village?

03-01-2014, 02:26 PM,
First file sent to your dropbox.
03-02-2014, 12:27 AM,
Hmmmm .....I don't see it and I didn't see a Dropbox invitation to share a folder?

03-03-2014, 04:59 AM,
We already had a shared folder from another game we played a couple months ago, I placed it there.