• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: February 2014
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: February 2014
CMBN: MG Boldness Be My Brother

CMFI: The Battle for Borgo Cascino final

Will play both of them. European Timezone!

Great to be back in the Blitzladder!
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2014, 01:14 AM,
Sign me up for both!
03-06-2014, 12:52 PM,
Does anyone else find Boldness Be My Brother to be heavenly one sided in the Allieds favor? Green German troops facing an overwhelming Allied advantage in armor and more than likely allied troop experience.

I'm not going to surrender and will fight to the death and an inglorious death it will be.
03-11-2014, 08:15 AM,
(03-06-2014, 12:52 PM)DB_Zero Wrote: Does anyone else find Boldness Be My Brother to be heavenly one sided in the Allieds favor? Green German troops facing an overwhelming Allied advantage in armor and more than likely allied troop experience.

I'm not going to surrender and will fight to the death and an inglorious death it will be.

I feel like its more favoured for the Axis. Very good Terrain for the Defender. Lots of good reinforcments and that MP44 Squads know how to mow the Paratroops down. The only drawback is there poor morale. If you cope with that you have everything to win this Battle.

Maybe its because i play against the #1 Player in the Ladder. He knows how to put up a good defence. Nothing unexpected there as i would do the same. Helmet Smile

Was almost conceding it and only very good performance on my Side brought me all that way to where we are now.
03-11-2014, 09:33 AM,
I think that it's a good scenario if played blind.Indeed the low morale makes the German units to panic easily but this is balanced by the fact that they have fortifications and the map has lots of open space for the attacker to cross.
Cant speak for sure how this battle would have developed as my opponent had checked the scenario previously and shelled my reinforcement area exactly the time i was having my reinforcements coming disrupting heavily my counterattack.
One lesson learned from this game is to clear that artillery fire in the reinforcement area was not to be accepted as it's close to cheating IMO.
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM,
(03-11-2014, 09:33 AM)cargol Wrote: I think that it's a good scenario if played blind.Indeed the low morale makes the German units to panic easily but this is balanced by the fact that they have fortifications and the map has lots of open space for the attacker to cross.
Cant speak for sure how this battle would have developed as my opponent had checked the scenario previously and shelled my reinforcement area exactly the time i was having my reinforcements coming disrupting heavily my counterattack.
One lesson learned from this game is to clear that artillery fire in the reinforcement area was not to be accepted as it's close to cheating IMO.

Did I understand it right; your opponent started the artillery fire right in time to the reinforcement area when your reinforcement arrived? Sounds like playing "World of Tanks" Helmet Smile

It’s now the second time that I heared something like this. We shall write it down to our combat rules, because it’s not a fair way to play.
03-12-2014, 11:22 PM,
(03-12-2014, 07:55 PM)Toblakai Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 09:33 AM)cargol Wrote: I think that it's a good scenario if played blind.Indeed the low morale makes the German units to panic easily but this is balanced by the fact that they have fortifications and the map has lots of open space for the attacker to cross.

Did I understand it right; your opponent started the artillery fire right in time to the reinforcement area when your reinforcement arrived? Sounds like playing "World of Tanks" Helmet Smile

It’s now the second time that I heared something like this. We shall write it down to our combat rules, because it’s not a fair way to play.
I think it was one minute after the arrival that mortars started to fall causing casualties among the infantry, HTs and even killed a Tank Cder spoiling whatever chances of a counterattack.I ve created a post asking about this to be entered in our house rules.
03-14-2014, 07:46 AM,
I am playing Boldness as axis and I am enjoying it. There is a certain grim humour to be had in watching your carefully placed ambush breaking and running after the first exchange of fire. On the whole a good mix of forces.
04-03-2014, 02:28 PM,
Finished Boldness and the Axis managed a minor victory. The 1 Panther tank practically took out the entire British force except for a Cromwell that stumbled in front of the 75mm HT and took 4 rounds before dying. The Flak panzer took out a Stuart and the MarkIV caused a Cromwell crew to bail out early in the game, but I think the crew rallied and remounted the Cromwell.

The Panther spent as much time in reverse retreating as it did attacking, but the green crew did manage to kill a lot of tanks and infantry.
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM,
I think Boldness is balanced ok, but the health and welfare of the Panther is crucial to the German player's chances. If it dies, or suffers a damaged gun from an HE hit or whatever, the German will get steamrolled by the Allied player. Too many tanks, too much artillery, and too many poor-quality German troops to survive without the Panther.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]