• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question with regard to the upcoming 1.05 update
01-26-2014, 07:49 AM,
Question with regard to the upcoming 1.05 update
I was not following posts on the forthcoming update 1.05. I am only aware it is imminent...

I only wondered how it will affect all the PBEM games in progress in I update the game? For instance, should I expect issues even if both players update the game, i.e. if the game has been started on current 1.04?

I have quite a few large scenarios going (including team games), which are likely to take months to complete and I wondered it this means I have to keep a copy of 1.04 installed somewhere?

Anyone knows what to expect in this manner?
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2014, 09:41 AM,
RE: Question with regard to the upcoming 1.05 update
I think logic would state we finish our games started in 1.04 before updating, even if that means a long delay for some. Or start over. IMO.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-26-2014, 01:37 PM,
So far so good with trying on-going games with the update!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM,
You should be able to continue playing games started with 1.04 in 1.05/2.0. If not, you can have two installs in the same computer.

See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3529460
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-27-2014, 03:14 AM,
I will probably run two versions... I would feel missing on the new stuff if I was to wait for months before my current games are finished :)

To have a second copy do I have to run the installer again and select a different destination folder?
01-27-2014, 04:46 AM,
(01-27-2014, 03:14 AM)PawelM Wrote: To have a second copy do I have to run the installer again and select a different destination folder?

That's how I did it at least, to play it safe. Besides, I wanted a really really clean base install for testing. So I actually ran the installer twice, both installs to go under Matrix Games:

"C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller Campaign Series 1.04"
"C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller Campaign Series"

Then, shortcuts on my Desktop for both Main Menus.
Visit us at CSLegion.com