• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New to The Blitz and TOS
01-17-2014, 12:43 PM,
My 2 Cents  New to The Blitz and TOS
Hello everyone,just signed up this week to this club and I am looking forward to playing some PC. I am new to HPS games so I am still playing "the learning curve". I bought a copy of Bulge 44 and am playing through the first couple of scenarios so it will take me a while to get the hang of it. I understand that most of you guys are very xp at these games already and noobs like me won`t be a very challenging opponent. I also have noticed that alot of you guys build your own scenarios (which is awesome) but its well beyond me at this stage. I will continue to learn this game and maybe someone could tutor me thru a game sometime. I don`t mind getting my butt kicked,just want to wargame. Looking forward to meeting some of U guys that have the same interests as me. I play other pc wargames,mostly the Total War series which are very good and Wargame Airland Battle,Achtung Panzer and Jutland. I checked HPS out one day and discovered that these games, although they don`t have the new graphics and on screen battle animations,are very historically accurate and more realistic. Well thanx for your time and good gaming.
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 12:58 PM,
RE: New to The Blitz and TOS
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]
01-17-2014, 02:33 PM,
Welcome to the Blitz and to the PzC games. Bulge is a good game to learn from, of course many of them are. when you are ready to play another player, post - if now, then let us know and you will get an offer or three I am sure. Plenty here that are willing to play and provide commentary to help you get up to speed.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-18-2014, 04:50 AM,
Welcome, hope you have some fun here. Wink
01-18-2014, 07:03 AM,
Welcome to the Blitz.

Don't worry about finding games. There's a lot of incentive to teaching the game to noobs, because it expands the ranks of experienced players to play. :-)
01-18-2014, 09:10 AM,
Thanx for the warm welcome guys,ya like I stated above, give me a little time to play a few more scenarios before I get my feet wet. I am doin` my homework every night on the manual also; alot to absorb but I`m enjoying it. Luv my WW2 history and these games seem very detailed to the battlefield conditions and "conundrums" that real armies dealt with. Will be around the forums and the blitz facebook page in the meantime.
01-18-2014, 09:54 AM,
Start with small scenarios and work up in size as your knowledge/experience of the game system grows, going straight in and playing the large scenarios will just lead to frustration. Wink
01-18-2014, 12:53 PM,
Once one gets into the learning curve, the only way out is to just quit playing. Even the best here are still in the learning curve for the simple fact that different players will do different things and that is what keeps the learning curve infinite.

As for what Foul said, he is correct, but if you like being on your toes in the middle of frustration, nothing better to do that than wargaming, small or large.
01-18-2014, 09:08 PM,
(01-18-2014, 12:53 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Even the best here are still in the learning curve for the simple fact that different players will do different things and that is what keeps the learning curve infinite.

Agreed, it never ceases to amaze me the different permutations of tactics you see when you play a range of players, this is one factor that makes creating balanced PBEM scenario so very tricky.