• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Casual question: how are the ranks assigned to each member determined
01-08-2014, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 02:01 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
c_Question Mark  Casual question: how are the ranks assigned to each member determined
I feel like I am missing something obvious but what is the algorithm used to determine the rank assigned to each member. I understand that you choose your own track and that you start at the bottom rung. I get that. I am just curious about how you get promoted along the track you chose.

Just curious and perhaps there is a page that explains it all but I could not find it.

thanks
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 04:21 AM,
RE: Casual question: how are the ranks assigned to each member determined
(01-08-2014, 02:00 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I feel like I am missing something obvious but what is the algorithm used to determine the rank assigned to each member. I understand that you choose your own track and that you start at the bottom rung. I get that. I am just curious about how you get promoted along the track you chose.

Just curious and perhaps there is a page that explains it all but I could not find it.

thanks
For the forums your rank is based on your post count, on the ladders it is based on your ladder score, if you click the "ranks" link at the top of the page and then the army of your choice you will see how the ranks are assigned. Smile
01-08-2014, 04:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 12:22 PM by Antoni Chmielowski .)
RE: Casual question: how are the ranks assigned to each member determined
(01-08-2014, 02:00 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I feel like I am missing something obvious but what is the algorithm used to determine the rank assigned to each member. I understand that you choose your own track and that you start at the bottom rung. I get that. I am just curious about how you get promoted along the track you chose.

thanks

You get points for reporting game results and can also earn bonus points for correctly answering quiz questions, for posting AAR reports, for playtesting scenarios under development.

Also your position on each individual ladder is worked out by the points you accrue for doing the above.

As fot the actual algorithm, thats something you need to ask Raz sbout .

A few years ago we actually carried out a rebalancing exercise to try to achieve scoring parity over all the ladders as it was easier to score more points and get promoted quicker on some ladders than others.

Hope this helps.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West