• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EPUB files
01-07-2014, 01:49 AM,
EPUB files
Does anyone know of a simple way to convert these files for Kindle or into PDF, thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 03:55 AM by Lowlander.)
RE: EPUB files
Simple, go to

http://www.epub2mobi.com

Select upload epub file, browse to location, click.
Select convert file, it will start processing.
Wait until finished, takes almost 60 seconds.
Then when finished click download file.

Transfer to your kindle.
Done.
01-07-2014, 05:05 AM,
Use Calibre which will convert to many formats, search for free and $ books for you and do many other things. I only use epub and I use Calibre for all my needs, works well indeed...and it is free.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM,
(01-07-2014, 05:05 AM)Weasel Wrote: Use Calibre which will convert to many formats, search for free and $ books for you and do many other things. I only use epub and I use Calibre for all my needs, works well indeed...and it is free.

Thanks for this, I had noticed it and will no doubt install Calibre shortly.

But at this time I only had 2 files out of 30+ which were not suitable for Kindle.
01-11-2014, 07:24 AM,
I want to get a Kindle but apparently the Cdn Kindle and US Kindle are not the same, Cdn Kindle books from Amazon Canada will not work on the Kindle because it only accepts US format Kindle..pretty stupid. Right now I use a generic Aluratek for my books and convert them with Calibre to epub format.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-11-2014, 08:08 AM,
Not sure if you already have an Ipad however, there is a free Kindle app for it.

Maybe that would be a way around the "North of the border"/South of the Border" issue. Whistle

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kindle-r...84613?mt=8
01-11-2014, 08:31 AM,
A lot of my friends have told me to get a tablet but I only want to read books in bed, not surf and stuff so it is overkill and twice the cost. I am old school, I still use my laptop when I need to be mobile, or desktop at home.

Good info ref. the app though.