• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Arctic Front: To The Shores of Onega (IN PROGRESS)
11-07-2013, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 06:48 PM by Crossroads.)
Arctic Front: To The Shores of Onega (IN PROGRESS)
This one is still without a map, so out of all new planned scenarios this is probably the one that will be completed last. Should be a fun scenario though!

---

ARCTIC FRONT: TO THE SHORES OF ONEGA
September 30, 1941

[Image: 56141_r500.jpg]
Petrozavodsk in flames (01 Oct 1941). © SA-kuva.fi

Having reached river Svir in the south of the Olonets Isthmys, the Finnish Army of Karelia turned their attention to their left flank. The plan called for encirclement of the remaining Red Army units, estimated at a division strength, into the city of Petrozavodsk.

Despite the reduced strategic importance of Olonets Isthmus, with the Murmansk - Leningrad railway now having a newly finished branch on the eastern side of Lake Onega as well, Stavka was not going to allow the fall of capital of Republic of Soviet Karelia into enemy hands. When they learned the local command had already called for the evacuation of the city, General of Army K.A.Meretskov was ordered to fly into city, to personally command all units in the area. To emphasize the new command, Stavka ordered a creation of a new 7th Separate Army, consisting of all remaining units in the area, and reporting directly to Stavka.

However, as the rapidly advancing Finnish forces already had the shores of the great lake Onega on their sights, Meretskov realised his new command was an army only by its name.

---

Battle Group Paalu / Col P.Paalu 11.D (12 Bn)

Detachment Aho / Major M.Aho: I/50 Major K.Ruda; II/50 Capt E.Väänänen; III/50 Capt K.Lehtisaari; III/KTR5; RaskPsto 4

Detachment Kari / Lt Col K.Kari: I/60 Capt S.Ropponen; II/60 Capt P.Riikilä; I/KTR5; KTR4 Howitzers only

Battle Group Lagus 5.D
Detachment Palkama / Major K.Palkama: Light Infantry 8 Sqd Master L Rönnqvist; Light infantry 10 (of 11.D) Capt J. Sammalkorpi; III/60 Major K. Karmo

Detachment Björkman / Col S.Björkman: JP2 Major T.Häkkinen; JP3 Major J.Hynninen; JP4 Major B.E.Polon; I/51 Major P. Hirvelä, Tank Battalion.
Os Lagus Artillery of 5.D

7th Separate Army - General of Army K.A.Meretskov (8 Bn)

- 1068th IR(?)/313.D (Maj Gen A.A.Pavlovits);
- 1063th/272.D;
- 1065th/272.D (272.D: Col M.S.Knjazev);
- 1st Light Bde Maj Gen J.A.Avvakumov;

--- A total of 37 guns, 30 tanks, one Armored Train
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply