• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brecourt Manor scenario - have you won it?
11-01-2013, 09:52 AM,
Brecourt Manor scenario - have you won it?
I have tried this scenario about four times against the AI and I basically get my clock cleaned each time. I have managed to kill the crews of three of the guns but the MG42s are able to fire down the trenches so length wise they provide no cover (the ends are sloped instead of dug in). My best attempt was going around to the village and setting my GPMGs up along the hedgerow and having Spiers attack in the direction Winters did. But if I try the exact attack as Winters it is a massacre.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 03:21 AM,
RE: Brecourt Manor scenario - have you won it?
Where can I find this scenario? Am I too blind? Whistle
11-02-2013, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 06:06 AM by daisy.)
@ Toblakai : I thinks it's one of the missions that shipped with the base game, its called "Silence the Guns - Brecourt Manor"

@ Weasel : I dont think I have ever played it - will have a look and let you know how I do.
11-02-2013, 07:12 AM,
Yes, stock scenario.

Thanks Daisy.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-02-2013, 01:31 PM,
Got my ass handed to me..sigh..
11-02-2013, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 12:11 AM by Toblakai.)
(11-01-2013, 09:52 AM)Weasel Wrote: I have tried this scenario about four times against the AI and I basically get my clock cleaned each time. I have managed to kill the crews of three of the guns but the MG42s are able to fire down the trenches so length wise they provide no cover (the ends are sloped instead of dug in). My best attempt was going around to the village and setting my GPMGs up along the hedgerow and having Spiers attack in the direction Winters did. But if I try the exact attack as Winters it is a massacre.

You have to go into the back of the enemy, behind the bocages, so the MG42 can’t fire at you. Wait till they all in position and are not tired. Open fire! Gun Fire

With the reinforcement I came from the other side, also behind the bocages. They did the rest. At round 40 the enemy surrendered.

my battle file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4764...%20001.bts
11-03-2013, 04:44 AM,
But if you try it the way Winters actually attacked you get destroyed because the trenches provide no cover.
11-03-2013, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 04:09 PM by Toblakai.)
(11-03-2013, 04:44 AM)Weasel Wrote: But if you try it the way Winters actually attacked you get destroyed because the trenches provide no cover.

Where can I find "Winter's Way"?

[EDIT]
Okay, I found the Brécourt Manor Assault of Richard Winters. Looks like that this operation is not well-known in Germany. But now I remember this scene in "Band of Brothers". When I saw it, I though "typical Hollywood", but it seems to be historical correct. Helmet Wink

I read at Wikipedia that one machine gun position was destroyed before the assault:
"Upon arrival at the battery location, Winters made his plan. He positioned a pair of M1919 machine guns for covering fire and sent several soldiers (2d Lt. Lynn D. Compton, Pvt. Donald Malarkey and Sgt. William J. Guarnere) to one flank to destroy a machine gun position with grenades and provide covering fire."

Is this correct?
11-07-2013, 04:02 AM,
I am not sure which MG42 Compton destroyed but I would think it was the one closest to the first gun which leaves two MG42s in the scenario to fire down the trenches at you length wise and as the trenches are sloped they provide no cover. Scenario should have the end trenches side ways to provide cover.