• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Early American Wars CD Check?
09-28-2013, 08:57 AM,
HPS Early American Wars CD Check?
Installed and patched up 1776 an MAW. Info says this should eleimnate CD check but it is still there. Do I have to do something else to make the cd check go away?

Thanks
If a man says something in a forest and there is no woman to hear him. Is he still wrong?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2013, 09:42 AM,
RE: HPS Early American Wars CD Check?
(09-28-2013, 08:57 AM)LanceRunolfsson Wrote: Installed and patched up 1776 an MAW. Info says this should eleimnate CD check but it is still there. Do I have to do something else to make the cd check go away?

Thanks

No Lance, just updating and unzipping should have done it. Your best bet is to drop a line to the support email address at either JTS or HPS.

support at johntillersoftware dot com or same at hpssims dot com
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-28-2013, 10:01 AM,
Thanks
If a man says something in a forest and there is no woman to hear him. Is he still wrong?
Send this user an email
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM,
Are you running under windows7 or 8 as I have read other posts with the same problem.
When you start the game check the drop down help menu ( top right ) which will display which version/patch you are on. Should be the latest.

Make sure when you install the patch it unzips into the correct game folder if not use the browse button to point it in the right direction, worst case scenario unzip into a temp folder and manually drag and drop files to the correct game folders.

I believe I'm correct in saying that you should not install the games into a programs folder !!!.

I have windows 7, so all my HPS games are installed this way
OS(C:), HPS Simulations, 1776, MAW etc.

P.S. I own 1776 but don't have it installed on my PC, however I hope this helps.
09-30-2013, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM by LanceRunolfsson.)
Yes I am running Win7. I used The "Typical Installation" option to instal. When I run the patch it is pointed to the correct folder and I show files being over written. However when I run the game it shows version 1.0 ! What to do?

Edit:
Problem solved. Even though it looks like it is working. The unzip feature native to Win7 for some reason does not work for this application. Once I installed the WINZIP 30 day trial of the latest version. Then ran Winzip with the patch in the MAW folder as Unzip to here I finally got version 1.02 MAW installed and the no cd check works.
Send this user an email
09-30-2013, 08:57 AM,
Good, was just about to answer when I noted you had altered the post.

Also, good point regarding winzip 30.
I started using WinRAR archiver because a lotta mods use this feature.

To be honest I always unzip into a temp folder, then manually drag and drop files as I don't want to overwrite any modded art.
09-30-2013, 12:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 12:08 PM by -72-.)
Interesting discovery Lance, and one I will have to take note of for future reference.

I have Win 7 which I have never had any issue with it unzipping -apart from having to manually direct where the files are going to end up at.

However, the main point is -you found something that works. :)
Bydand
Send this user an email