• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: August 2013- Pairings
11-16-2013, 03:51 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: August - Pairings
The battle between Barre and the Canadian Cat has ended in a draw, it was great fun and a tough challenge, thanks to the Canadian Cat for a nice game.
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 01:03 PM,
Yes, good game. Even at the end I had no idea if I had stopped enough to even get a draw. My men were a mess and my AFVs were all done for.

The scenario really needs to be played blind but it was loads of fun and quite challenging. Well played Barre. I could not believe your luck having that Marder driving around under the artillery barrage. In the end that vehicle actually made it to the exit too.

In another game I am playing my opponent was caught under an 81mm mortar barrage and I managed to bag two PzIVs. I still have no idea how your Marder stayed alive with all that HE raining down on it.
11-19-2013, 02:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 02:43 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
Only four games form August still going. Is that still correct?

CMBN: H2H -Breakout
Chief Looking Glass - raz_atoth
strangewhispers - BletchleyGeek [*]

CMFI: Casa Nostra
BletchleyGeek - Chief Looking Glass
raz_atoth - Cargol [*]

(09-09-2013, 04:24 AM)Expecting_at_crossroad Wrote: Expecting_at_crossroad - s_cm finished "H2H -Breakout" Play as mirror games. In both case Expecting's total victory
Scenario's voting Stats registerd. Absolutely pro German. Scenario need to edit.
I think German breach team is not wanted here. Allied reconnaissance platoon need to appear at 3th turn. Now it can be easily destroyed German infantry at occurrence. Yankees have no possibility to prevent it.

Do you think the Recon group would get hit that hard if both players were playing blind? I have not even looked at the German side briefing even after I have played it but I am not sure if the Germans would go rushing off in any direction right out of the gate. Without knowing when the US reinforcements arrive it could be very dangerous to go running around the map.

My criticism of the US reinforcements has to do with the Sherman tanks. By the time they arrived I really needed them but the come in with no infantry support at all and only two choices for routes for getting into the fight. For me they died fast because they could not spot infantry threats and were constrained for follow one of those two routes. That meant that they only managed to take out one Stug. I wonder if they would have been more useful if a small infantry or recon contingent arrived with them. Nothing big and powerful but something that would have some chance to spot an infantry ambush.
03-25-2014, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 11:15 AM by raz_atoth.)
Ok gentlemen,
All games for the Scenario of the Month: August have been completed.

The conclusions are as follows:

1) H2H - Breakout has at the moment 10 reported games. 3 Wins for the Allies, 4 wins for the Axis and 4 Draws. Judging from the stats and from the positive comments about the scenario, i'm happy to say H2H - Breakout is now H2H Approved. Our special thanks to George Smiley - the author of the scenario.

2) Casa Nostra has 8 reported games; 6 Wins for the allies, 2 for the axis. Based on these stats it seems this scenario is favoring the allied player, this it doesn't receive the H2H Approved tag.

Many thanks to all those involved in the testing of these two scenarios cheers
Send this user an email