• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gallic Wars help
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 04:01 AM by Ashcloud.)
Help  Gallic Wars help
I have no command box (found the command box) and still can't seem to find the normal 3D - just the zoomed in 3D. How do I fix this? I can't seem to find how to set the game in the right resolution either, cuts off the bottom of the screen and I can't scroll down to the edge??
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 08:26 AM,
RE: Gallic Wars Broken?
I imagine Paul might address the other questions, however as far as the 3d resolution goes -I only have one level in my copy, so I don't think that there are zoom in and zoom out modes for Gallic Wars.

I haven't checked the other titles, so for all I know they might all just have that one level.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-07-2013, 09:57 AM,
All Ancient Warfare games have only one 3D level (zoom-in). The zoom-out view will be a later addition. 2D view has both zoom-in and zoom-out views. Scrolling can be by use of the mouse at the edge of the screen for left and right movement of the map and also for moving up the map. However, for moving down the map it is not the edge of the screen but the bottom edge of the map that your mouse cursor needs to hold over. Scrolling can also be done using the keyboard arrow keys. If you still have resolution problems please tell me the resolution you are using and what you are trying to achieve, I may then be able to help.
08-07-2013, 10:50 AM,
About the scroll problems, not sure if could be related but I think Ashcloud was missing a patch.
08-07-2013, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013, 06:31 PM by Ashcloud.)
Got patched and am finding my way around a bit better now. Had a password problem and had to abandon the first game because of it - it simply would not accept my password?

Anyway, the only display problem I have now is that my taskbar cuts off the bottom of the game screen where the info bar is?? Screen res is 1280 x 1024 on Win XP.

[Image: r0YsU2ifbC2eOdVkjN_TvCld2Tofsgn0O_5Gg7YF...e=1280x960]
Send this user an email
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM,
I had a similar sort of issue, as I used to prefer using my Windows task bar (or whatever it is called where the 'start' button is at) on the top of my screen. No matter what I did, it always overlaid the program (the AW ones), which obscured the text menu in the programs. I eventually just put the Windows bar back on the bottom of my screens probably like all 'normal' people use.

Maybe it is something similar for all I know.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-11-2013, 03:30 AM,
Same problem w Windows 7, the task bar clips off the bottom of the game screen and thus the text where all kinds of usefull info is found. My partial solution is to use the "auto hide task bar" function. I don't like seeing a strip of desktop wallpaper on the bottom but better than missing part of the game display!