• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need to get out of Bootcamp
07-18-2013, 07:43 AM,
Opponent Wanted  Need to get out of Bootcamp
Hi-

Need my first SB PBEM opponent. New to the series as well. I currently own only JTS titles (WWI, MW & Falklands).

Can usually play a few turns a week, but since this scale is so much smaller than other games, ( 1 turn a day hopefully ? )

What rules are suggested for SB PBEMing?

Please Email me:

AmazinWarrior_At_Hotmail_Dot_Com MG
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM,
RE: Need to get out of Bootcamp
(07-18-2013, 07:43 AM)MikeyV2 Wrote: What rules are suggested for SB PBEMing?

The most popular rule options to play with in SB are:
Fog Of War (FOW)--On
Vehicle Fire Over--On
Quality Loss Modifier--On

Hope you find this series enjoyable as alot of us do! Smile
07-18-2013, 12:11 PM,
In Falklands, the scenarios were designed to use the Alternate Fire Density rule. I think the only other game where this is the case is Soviet Afghan War. In a PBEM game, you should probably ask about the Quality Loss Modifier rule as it will favor the British, although they will often need it.

Jeff
07-18-2013, 12:43 PM,
Welcome sir!

I do not have any of those titles or would offer my services, but you will no doubt be up and running with somebody soon. Welcome to this league of gentlemen, and I hope your experience here is as fun and rewarding as mine has been,

Steve
07-19-2013, 01:44 AM,
Guys,

I have gotten one response for WWI thus far. I am still looking for another taker or two from WWI or MW.
I'm also interested in acquiring another SB title. What seems to be a player favorite that is PBEMed often with??
Thanks Guys!!
07-19-2013, 01:57 AM,
(07-19-2013, 01:44 AM)MikeyV2 Wrote: I'm also interested in acquiring another SB title. What seems to be a player favorite that is PBEMed often with??

Red Victory (RV) & Eagles Strike (ES)
07-19-2013, 01:58 AM,
(07-19-2013, 01:44 AM)MikeyV2 Wrote: Guys,

I have gotten one response for WWI thus far. I am still looking for another taker or two from WWI or MW.
I'm also interested in acquiring another SB title. What seems to be a player favorite that is PBEMed often with??
Thanks Guys!!

Hi Mike!

I would say:

Red Victory
Advance of the Reich
Eagles Strike

I don't play WWI much since I am a WWII junkie, but I can send you a game tonight.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
07-19-2013, 04:00 AM,
Thanks Guys,

Richie-- I'm thinking about either acquiring AotR or RV soon, but if you're up for a WWI scenario, Send me a courier:

AmazinWarrior_@_HotMail_Dot_Com
07-19-2013, 05:10 AM,
My vote is for AOTR - - - - then I will volunteer to face off against you! I also have Eagles Strike and Vietnam.

Yes, yes, I know Ed, you're pulling for me to get RV - - - - - I'm still thinking Pacific or Winter War.

Steve
07-19-2013, 12:34 PM,
If you are looking for well designed and balanced (well, for the most part) scenarios, than there is no better game that Red Victory. Ozgur is the best scenario designer out there. The quality of scenarios in AoTR does not compare, although there are some decent ones. Eagles Strike is a pretty good title too, in part because there are so many additional scenarios at TF Echo-Four that have been created for it.

Jeff