• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M8 has LOS problems??
07-06-2013, 07:15 AM,
M8 has LOS problems??
Playing a game right now and I have (had) four M8 Greyhounds. All four of them were killed never seeing the Lynxs that killed them. If you click on the M8 icon is shows a tank icon with a ? for the Lynx, but if you click on the Lynx the M8 shows clearly. If you ignore that and just go ground level (1) and look there is clear LOS at a range of about 100m, the M8 with height advantage. This happened to all four as I said, close range and they never fired a shot.

To me it seems like they have a spotting bug so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? BTW - the last M8 killed, the Lynx was advancing up hill and engaging my infantry but still spotted my M8 and killed him without me having LOS, although the infantry on the ground beside my M8 can see the Lynx.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 08:08 AM,
RE: M8 has LOS problems??
I have not found that to be the case for Greyhounds. Rather, I have had that problem with Pumas. Whenever I use Pumas, I have to be unbuttoned to see anything. In one instance, my Puma was opened up and had LOS on an enemy AFV, and actually fired a shot at the AFV. Then small arms fire buttoned up my Puma, without any casualties. But when the hatch shut, my Puma could no longer see the AFV that it had already acquired and shot at. I found that odd.
07-07-2013, 06:20 AM,
RE: M8 has LOS problems??
Perhaps that is the problem, I know my first two were hatches up but I do know my fourth was hatches down but pointing directly at where the Lynx advanced from with my gun pointing straight at him.

I was looking on BF but see nothing about it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha