• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

It's Alive!!
05-31-2013, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 10:03 PM by Riley D. Smith.)
It's Alive!!
Go ahead and pick yourselves up off the deck and buy me a round or two gents. I live.
Took a long hiatus during a very challenging and transitional time for me and my family. All's well that ends well.
We are happily relocated and living in St Augustine, FL where my son has been attending the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind for two years now. I had remained behind from Jun '11 - Jun '12 to sell the house in Atlanta while the family preceded me here. Very tough year apart from them until last summer...felt like I was on active duty in the Navy again.
So, I am ready to pick up the small arms and resume my plodding climb on the SB ladder and rekindle some old rivalries and friendships. I have Red Victory, Soviet-Afghan War, Viet Nam, and Tour of Duty currently installed. Probably purchasing WWI and/or Modern War today (how are those titles btw?).

Any takers? I could take on probably two games to kick things off. Hope all of you are and have been well. Please note that my email address has changed to [email protected]

Tally-ho!
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM,
RE: It's Alive!!
Welcome Back
05-31-2013, 10:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 10:11 PM by Riley D. Smith.)
Btw....I noticed I am no longer on the ladder (I think). Do I start from scratch or can I get "reinstated" with my previous W/L record?
Also....I am probably getting both FWW and MW but which would you purchase first if you could only get one and why? I like the campaign aspect included in FWW as well as the innovative changes made to the engine to fully "encompass" all that was World War I and the fighting therein. It really progressed in style and weapons as the years passed.
05-31-2013, 10:12 PM,
No worries!

You are still showing on the ladders in your profile, you are just in "inactive" status. Once you report a new game on those ladders, your status will automatically change back to active. It will automatically go back to "inactive" status if you do not report a played game within a 12 month period. Smile
05-31-2013, 10:50 PM,
Welcome back, old warrior. Always good to have you around!
06-01-2013, 09:14 AM,
Welcome back,

Is always a great feeling to have "stuff" behind you.

Hope all will be good from here on in.

We have something in common, we both joined in 2002, and are now back.
I also see we mirrored OpSc 9 in S41 (in 02) for a minor each.
Just a couple of alter Kämpfer.

Think that says we must definitely do an RV scen.
Pick one and send it along, it will please me greatly.
06-01-2013, 10:20 PM,
Flare For_#1  RE: It's Alive!!
Incoming. Picked one at random from RV. Optional rules selected are quality loss modifier, FOW, vehicle fire over.

Good hunting.
06-02-2013, 10:45 AM,
Welcome back grizzled old vet with more comebacks then Rocky movies Wink
244 games with legend that is Richie61
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM,
Hey Riley, good to have you back. I always enjoyed our games. Good to hear the family is settled and you are back up and running.

If you still have a spare slot throw one my way - RV?

I've been a bit up and down on my return times over the last year or so but I'm still hanging in and enjoying the games.

Nik
06-03-2013, 02:08 AM,
Your a funny man Laz. But speak the truth.
Nik....I'll have one coming your way today.