• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So how is this new upgrades anyway?
05-08-2013, 10:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013, 11:02 PM by Gila.)
So how is this new upgrades anyway?
Alot changes,infranty have significant less effect when assulting armour ect.
Have not patched up yet,just courius how well they are working for you?
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM,
RE: So how is this new upgrades anyway?
Hi Ron. To my right. You must calculate the movement of the infantry to assault. Already experienced a failed assault and loss of men as a result. Which is very realistic, I think.
Regards
05-11-2013, 01:52 AM,
It seems like searching ability has decreased. Can't prove it, just a feeling. No early smoke can really slow down movement rates.
05-30-2013, 01:13 PM,
Are we discussing version 6.0 of winSPWW2?
In meeting engagements, I have found that there is a dependence of golden targets on the era, even with training turned off. For instance, in summer of '44 the Brits will get an extra golden target during deploy for every 2 to three extra FOs purchased. The Germans get ONE, regardless of how many FOs are purchased (I tried up to ten FOs). In summer of '42 the Germans get extra golden targets, but at a slower rate than the Brits in '44. I'm not yet sure how many, if any, the Brits get in '42.

This weird allocation was independent of FO type (foot, wheeled, tracked).

Not too fond of the elevation information as I still don't know what the three numbers mean and haven't found a reference to them in the manual or in-game help.
05-30-2013, 02:07 PM,
From the Shrapnel page about the updates:
A cool change to both games is available to owners of the Enhanced Editions, both the physical CD and the downloadable version. Now when the mouse cursor is passed over a hex the following information will be displayed: ground height, obstacle height, total height, and terrain density. Before the only information was height and terrain type.

The display looks like this: Ground height/obstacle height/(combined height) density.

A tree hex could be: Height 1/18/(19) Density 26.

While height is self-explanatory “density” is a value the game uses to determine how solid or transparent a bit of terrain is. For example, trees block Line of Sight (LOS) to the next hex when they are greater than 30 density. If they are under 31 LOS is deemed not fully blocked and you can see into the hexes beyond that hex.

Density is cumulative for purposes of LOS. A hex with trees that have a density rating of 20 will not block LOS to the hex beyond it but if that hex has trees that are also have a density rating of 20, LOS will be blocked beyond that hex.

The game has worked this way since Steel Panthers 1 was first released, it’s just being displayed to players for the first time. And remember, it’s only available for owners of the Enhanced Edition, yet another reason to upgun your copy from the free download!