• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"error reading battle file"
05-05-2013, 04:49 AM,
Help  "error reading battle file"
My cousin and I tried a PBEM game last night. We followed all the appropriate steps, but every time I kept getting a "error reading battle file" notice when I attempted to play the turn.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? We both have Windows Vista.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013, 06:00 AM by billk1.)
RE: "error reading battle file"
Make sure you are both using the same version, it could be the problem. It could also be that your opponent did not end the game right.
05-05-2013, 06:19 AM,
With Windows 8 I have to start the game by right clicking the shortcut and selecting run as administrator in order to allow the game to save files.
05-05-2013, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM by Crossroads.)
That does sound like problem with a password. As mentioned, ask your opponent to open the file he sent to you. If he can do that, he has not ended his turn with the "End turn" button. If he gets the said error, then it is either that you are mistyping your password, or it is not password related and we need to figure out other reasons.

Try to make sure first it is not the password/end turn thing. Those are the most common reasons for this error.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-05-2013, 09:17 PM,
What scenario is it, do you both have it if it is a custom one?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-06-2013, 08:42 AM,
It was a stock scenario.

I'm 100% positive that we have the same version (1.04) and that he ended his turn by pressing the clock. : (
05-06-2013, 08:58 AM,
If you like have the file sent to me, send password as well, see if I can open it?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

05-07-2013, 06:48 AM,
(05-06-2013, 08:58 AM)Warhorse Wrote: If you like have the file sent to me, send password as well, see if I can open it?

Okay. I will take you up on that offer. There is no password because I hadn't completed a turn yet. My opponent had finished his first turn and he was the first side.
05-07-2013, 07:08 AM,
Can someone send me the first turn of an East Front PBEM file so I can see if I can open it? Thanks.
05-07-2013, 09:37 AM,
on the way!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue