• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Back and Blue
04-23-2013, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 06:15 AM by low_bidder.)
Back and Blue
Gone for a year and a half or so. Heart Attack Feburary 2012, finally getting things back together. That means SP, of course. Even ordered the CD for WW2 so I can do campaigns. Now all I need is UPS to bring me a few bits of hardware, run the patches and I'm ready to get schooled.Whip
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 10:43 AM,
RE: Back and Blue
Welcome back LB.
Sorry to hear about your troubles but it's good to see you back on the boards.
It's a bit quiet around here but there are still many of the old school quietly playing SP.
I am filled up for games at the moment, but if you are having trouble finding an opponent, I am sure I could work some space and get something smallish happening.
Cheers!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
04-24-2013, 04:38 AM,
Hope all is well, welcome back.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-24-2013, 05:26 AM,
Thanks, I spent a week in IC and getting my weight under control has been a long slow slog but I'm down to the 165-170 range from 240+, which is OK for 6'1". The 170 NOT the 240. My walks (hobbles, I still need a stick for balance) are up to 2 miles now and I about half way through the exercises with my suspension trainer. MY measurements, BP and glucose, are mostly within range. I ocassionally hit pre-stroke on my BP but I just go lat down and think pure thoughts and it falls back.
The thing is I'm bored to tears. Let me get my legs back under me with SP and I will see if I can help in any way at the Blitz. My a$$hole rating has fallen considerably. Or at least my siblings think so. From a 9.8 to the 2 or 3 range.
04-25-2013, 05:29 PM,
Can't be a bad thing to lower your arsehole rating...well played Sir Top Hat
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM,
Indian wrasslin with death changes one's perspective on almost everything. In the past I never really cared what others thought of me. I would just called them as I saw them and moved on.
So now I doing what I learned to do in sales and bite my tongue. I don't have enough time left to waste it proving to idiots that they are idiots. Doctor Fred says if I watch my diet, get my exercise and quit smoking I might have as much as a decade left. So I stay within my Calorie-Sodium budget, hobble a couple of miles every day and work my TRX. That leaves me time to do what I love. Ride my motorcycle and play on the computer. My Fazer keeps my body in order (until some old woman in a Buick turns me into a hood ornament) and SP will keep what's left of my mind sharp.
04-28-2013, 05:53 AM,
(04-23-2013, 06:14 AM)low_bidder Wrote: Gone for a year and a half or so. Heart Attack Feburary 2012, finally getting things back together. That means SP, of course. Even ordered the CD for WW2 so I can do campaigns. Now all I need is UPS to bring me a few bits of hardware, run the patches and I'm ready to get schooled.Whip

Welcome back Terry! Glad you are getting beyond your troubles!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-28-2013, 10:23 AM,
Didn't get my CPU. The boys & girls in blue let me down. Maybe I should have gone with the brown truck gang. Or the orange and purple package eaters.
I think Monday I'm gonna start calling to see where exactly my package is, then tell them to not touch it I'm coming to pick it up. I didn't do that in the first place because it's about 14 gallons up and back in the old ford. $3.50 a gal. Being cheap cost me money. Again.
So you must have seen my .230 winning percentage. I blame Jadpanther and Vesku. I kept them on top of the ladder for a year or so. It is nice to see someone stepped up after I left.
This is where I would post the shark smilie but I don't see it. Shortrengage must have it.
It belonga him anyway.