• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gun crews, yes, no?
04-06-2013, 11:57 PM,
Feedback Needed  Gun crews, yes, no?
Hey all, was wondering as far as the arty/aa/at graphics, what is everyones take on the crews? Most times they are out of scale, I kinda think mostly they look stupid, but do most folks like them, or not so much?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 01:25 AM,
RE: Gun crews, yes, no?
Gun crews in half tracks look like sardines in a can.
But, I do not mind them.

cheers

HSL
04-07-2013, 03:09 AM,
Mike,

Never noticed it much. I just looked at the Brits, Americans and Soviets in WF through the unit viewer and they look OK to me but maybe its 'cause I'm use to them. What would be kind of cool though and IMO would be stacked ammo or ammo boxes if your going to make a change.

Cheers5

ItBCigar5
04-07-2013, 06:06 AM,
Just looked at the viewer too. Some crews do look out of scale while others don't. I seem to recall the original TS issue of the series was sans gun crews and an early TS patch brought them in at players request. For myself I'm kinda use to seeing them scale or not. I do think the units look too plain without them.

Just my .02
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM,
I like the gun crews, actually. Perhaps the crews should always be on same scale as infantry, but guns them self with some artistic freedom?

I agree some of the existing bitmaps are rather silly, eg. the French Hotchiss 25 mm ATG I just ported to EF:FB.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM,
Looks like for the most part folks like 'em?! Reason I asked is I'm making Bulgaria for Cold War, and was making some icons for the arty pieces, and the gun crews are really weird some times, however, without the crew looks even more weird!! Thanks for the replies!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-09-2013, 08:08 PM,
I agree with you Mike, would be a good thing if we had graphics like this for the modern armies.

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
05-23-2013, 01:56 PM,
My take is that the real advantage of crews in halftracks is you can see "at a glance" whether the unit is loaded or not. Helps prevents oversights. Smile

as far as gun crews for artillery, my take is long as they are scaled to the weapon, I see no issue with it.

And it's easy to change / improve upon if the graphic looks a bit rough.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu