• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What could go wrong in Burma?
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM by jeffk3510.)
What could go wrong in Burma?
Hello all-

I have been told that this is the place to be, as the Matrix forum for JTCS has really died out.

I have an ongoing PBEM with schanilec over there, can post a link to it, and update it here as well as there from here on out. Marc and I met each other over on the WiTPAE forum. Marc is a good dude and loves JTCS like I do. I like it as a change of pace compared to AE...I do have a PBEM going there as well with a couple of partners...I don't update that one as much..but we're still very active in that game into March of 42'.

Marc doesn't have internet at home yet, so he uploads the turn each day at work, plays it at home, and then sends it to me each morning. When he has internet at home, we would be able to crank out a handful of turns after my kids go down. I am a busy guy, but I can always find time for Campaign Series Helmet Smile.

We're currently heading into turn five in the Burma Railroad scenario for Rising Sun. It has been verty quite so far until this last turn, when I made contact with Marc in the SW corner of the map. My norther force (five inf platoons and one leader) have captured the first RR bridge, and are heading south to link up with the southern force. No contact for them yet. The southern force has ran into the enemy as expected... read up on the last few turns if you would like to catch up on this small, 12 turn scenario. Marc and I plan on doing a lot of these, and like I said, once he gets the internet at home, we will be doing a lot of these very regularly.

Here is the link, and I will post there and here (exact posts about the game) http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3294296

I hope you all enjoy.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 12:38 PM,
RE: What could go wrong in Burma?
Here is the first AAR I did back in October with Marc.

"Claw of the Tiger"

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...page=1&key=

We started this game immediately after that one, but he switched jobs, and was without his internet till just the other week. We are now back at it full swing.
04-03-2013, 06:55 PM,
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to The Blitz. Welcome2

Matrix is not as dead as you may think. Lots of players read your AARs.
There has not been much to write as all anticipate Modern Wars and the upcoming JTCS version 1.05 upgrade. Desert2

Cheers5

HSL
04-04-2013, 12:29 AM,
Upgrade you say!? Where can I find more about that? Thank you sir.
04-04-2013, 04:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013, 04:49 AM by jeffk3510.)
Turn 5 (North):

Marc hid his four platoons of inf well, and ambushed me at the bridge. He killed one inf, disrupted another, and forced one to retreat.

[Image: northernareaturn5_zpsf3b1f217.jpg]

Turn 5 (South)

Marc sends three of my units from the front lines, and I will need to regroup and send them back on line. A loss here and there with a disrupted unit. Nothing major, just annoying.

[Image: Southernareaturn5_zps09a5fbc8.jpg]
04-04-2013, 04:48 AM,
Question-

Can I delete these photos from photobucket once I post them here, or will they not link, thus not appear here anymore?

Thanks.
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM,
Hi Jeff: Smoke7

I am glad you accepted my "invite" to the Blitz! Smile

Welcome

Please introduce yourself in the CS "Regular" (Main) forums so the guys can welcome you proper! Cheers6
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-05-2013, 04:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013, 04:11 AM by jeffk3510.)
Thank you very much

Turn 5 results (North)

A lot of action across the board. Re-took the norther VP after his unit retreated from the hex..I was very surprised, and was certain I was going to get bogged down.

[Image: Northernareaturn5resultsb_zpsae774153.jpg]

Turn 5 results (South)

A lot of action down here, with very little causalties compared to the northern bridge. Assaulted units from the hill, and made them retreat into town.. exchanged fire across the board with minimal effect.

[Image: Southernareaturn5results_zps2b416910.jpg]
04-05-2013, 07:14 AM,
(04-04-2013, 04:48 AM)jeffk3510 Wrote: Question-

Can I delete these photos from photobucket once I post them here, or will they not link, thus not appear here anymore?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff, you made it!!! Yes, if you delete from PB I'm quite sure the links will die, since the host file is gone, space issues?

Anyway, welcome, and hope to get a game with you soon!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-06-2013, 02:21 AM,
Anyone know anyway to have the "bullet" graphics go away during the turns in a PBEM? Is it only in Rising Sun, as I don't recall seeing it in East or West Front?

Marc sent me the turn, but I have been trading like wild at work and setting up freight.