• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Locking Zones of Control: Do you use them?
03-18-2013, 10:11 AM,
Locking Zones of Control: Do you use them?
I am just wondering if most people use the locking zones of control ?

I have played many PBEM games and we always use them but, I just wanted to ask if other players use them.

Best,
Frank
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 01:22 PM,
RE: Locking Zones of Control: Do you use them?
(03-18-2013, 10:11 AM)milrevko Wrote: I am just wondering if most people use the locking zones of control ?

I have played many PBEM games and we always use them but, I just wanted to ask if other players use them.

Best,
Frank

I have mixed feelings about it. It slows the attack down but leaves the defender more vulnerable to higher losses for inability to retreat.

03-18-2013, 02:02 PM,
The ability to stop a unit from moving is powerful, right up to the point where the defender is surrounded, disrupted and destroyed because of zones of control.

Thanks
03-18-2013, 03:21 PM,
Never used locking zones of control. Never suggested using locking zones of control to an opponent. Never had an opponent suggest to me using locking zones of control.
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM,
Never.
I usually prefer to stick to default rules anyway.
03-18-2013, 11:44 PM,
There are many optional rules that have to be used to make the game playable
03-19-2013, 12:12 AM,
locking zones aint one of them...been playing for over 10 years and have never played them or been asked to play them-
Tried it AI play and its not good imho.

One of the best things about the game is being able to move one hex provided you have a friendly in the one you want to move to. Its a great tactic for backstopping
03-19-2013, 01:24 AM,
(03-19-2013, 12:12 AM)raizer Wrote: locking zones aint one of them...been playing for over 10 years and have never played them or been asked to play them-
Tried it AI play and its not good imho.

One of the best things about the game is being able to move one hex provided you have a friendly in the one you want to move to. Its a great tactic for backstopping

Agreed.
There are some optional rules that add chrome, some that are required for particular games/mod as default, and some that add a bit of "realism." Like I said earlier I prefer going default but rarely do because my opponents enjoy adding some. There would have to be a super good reason to add LZOC.
03-19-2013, 03:49 AM,
Did once, never again. Less realistic.
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM,
If anything I'd reset the parameter ZOC Movement Multiplier to 3. So that you may always move about open enemy flanks without fire. Locking ZOC and even leaving them default creates an unrealistic stagnate front situation. Also, It shouldn't be so easy to surround and immobilize (are there forcefields or something) isolated enemy units. They should be able to stagger back to supply.