• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

game reloaded
02-16-2013, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013, 06:32 AM by LaPalice.)
game reloaded
I play a mirror game in PBEM and my opponent told me that he received for the two turns the message that I reloaded my game 1 time.

But I did not reload it, not understanding what happened.

But I had an idea, which may be a stupid one: at the end of the turn, because it ended at in the end of a fighting round (then the game "closed"), I opened the file "END OF TURN DO NOT SEND", to see the situation of the end of the turn. So is it possible that it is the cause of the message "game reloaded" received by my opponent?

Of course, I did not send the END OF TURN... files to my opponent but the right ones.
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 01:29 PM,
RE: game reloaded
Hi,
were you playing another pbem during that one?

I always have that message, I think it's a TOAW bug...if it's more than 1 time that's strange and could be really a reload.

Also, the opening of any file could lead to that...I never do that if it's a serious game.
Send this user an email
02-16-2013, 05:36 PM,
Murphz is right,

This is a bug in TOAW 3 which means that your opponent HAS NOT replayed his move.

I get it on some of my games, but ignore it as I trust my opponents !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
02-18-2013, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 02:08 AM by Freyr Oakenshield.)
Yeah, it keeps happening to me too. I usually inform my opponents that I get those reload messages, but I usually ignore them, and keep playing... However, it happened to me once that my opponent, who I informed about their reloads, got offended and quit--the sensitive type... Mex Big Grin

Some of these warnings may be real but on the whole I'd say the system is slightly f... up Crazy

02-18-2013, 03:04 AM,
(02-16-2013, 06:31 AM)LaPalice Wrote: I play a mirror game in PBEM and my opponent told me that he received for the two turns the message that I reloaded my game 1 time.

But I did not reload it, not understanding what happened.

But I had an idea, which may be a stupid one: at the end of the turn, because it ended at in the end of a fighting round (then the game "closed"), I opened the file "END OF TURN DO NOT SEND", to see the situation of the end of the turn. So is it possible that it is the cause of the message "game reloaded" received by my opponent?

Of course, I did not send the END OF TURN... files to my opponent but the right ones.

Yeah, it's probably the culprit. I had a similar issue while playing one of my opponents.
02-18-2013, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 05:58 AM by burroughs.)
I may have up to 20 or more games going on currently, mostly an opponent per game, so I think it is an empirical context - never there is a turn that I don't get the message that my opponent has reloaded once. From my experience arises the conclusion that merely playing one's turn automatically generates that message. For some time I used to have an opponent with whom I played the scenarios that are not playable under the latest patch anymore so obviously we were using the older game verison, 3.2 namely and I never used to get such warning message. Moreover, I have seen only a few times that the number displayed in the message was higher than two and perhaps once it was more. I also experimented with moving a save file onto another machine - somethinhg that used to generate a reload warning message in the past , to my best knowledge - or even reloaded the .pbl file - I mean I loaded that, launched the scenario turn, closed the game, rewrote the .pbl file, relaunched the same turn - and then asked my opponents what were their readings on their game copy interface. The puzzling thing was that all I can remember is they didn't report a reload message so I am assuming they were getting over the one digit reload warning message. I think this device in the latest game version is mad as a Hatter tea party.Aw, yes, and don't forget that neither ground nor naval units employ their AA capability, I have fully tested that, the air force can only be hit by the enemy air assets. Again insane as ... Too bad.

One more thing, should any of my opponents feel a bit bothered - I didn' t test whether I could cheat, with that many games I don't have time for that, I wanted to see if I can move freely the .sal file between different machines while completing my turns because I rarely finish one in a single round and rotate between a few machines.
02-18-2013, 05:27 AM,
Thank you all for the answers. So it seems that it is ok. I showed to my opponent the messages in this thread.