• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Normandy
02-03-2013, 12:23 AM,
Opponent Wanted  Campaign Normandy
Midgard and Pat the wolf are looking for 2 players as allied for
30X Normandy Campaign (6June-19 August 750 turns).
It's long Campaign so motivation required.
1 turn per week.
Regards[/u][/b]
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 02:41 PM,
RE: Campaign Normandy
Hi

Are you still looking for someone to play against.
If so Im ready to take command of the Allies.
Im good for a turn a day of possibly 2 depending on the time difference since Im in Australia.

Do you use Dropbox or email ?
PM me.

Stephen
02-10-2013, 05:36 PM,
Me, me!!! That's exactly what I have been waiting - a TOC team game, set in Normandy and the Allied command so I can finally read the book my lady friend gave me for my birthday about a campaign I had never been much into. Besides the turn rate I can handle, one per week befor I complete my studies in about half a year so then I can get some more leisure hopefully.

Now I only want to hear about the optional settings, please and I am not ready to accept any kind of refusal so if anybody has appeared in the emantime, cross that fellow out and he's no more.

Regarding the dedication - sometimes I suck badly at my turn rate, but if You want references, get in touch with my opponents, they'll tell 'ya how full of fight I am.
02-10-2013, 11:45 PM,
Gentleman it seems we can organize 2 teams to play the Normandy campaign scenario!!!

We were starting to think that the allies would not disembark at all!!!!

If you don't mind, me and Pat the Wolf will team up as the axis and I'm sure that Stephen and Burroghs will work
out an agreement and team up as the allies, thus avoiding Monty and Patton Prima Donna story.

Scenario - #30x - Normandy Campaign (6 June - 19 August) - 750 Turns

Regarding Optional Rules we propose the following:

Automatic Defensive Fire
Artillery Set Up
Recon Spotting
Virtual Supply Trucks
Low Visibility Air Effects
Indirect Fire and Air Strikes by the Map
Counterbattery Fire
Night Fatigue
Programed Weather
Delayed Disruption Reporting - This one was not in the list me and Pat had originally, it's my personal proposal to you all.
I'm playing a Bulge game with this one turned on and believe me ads a lot more fun to the game turns the assault decision
into a To Go or Not to Go decision worse than Shakespeare's Dilemma it's real a good one

Stephen and Burroghs feel free to give your ideas for optional rules

It seems we have everything for an excellent campaign game

Rgds
Midgard
02-11-2013, 01:05 AM,
You don´t need Automatic Defensive Fire unless you play w. Manual Defensive Fire as well.
Send this user an email
02-11-2013, 01:05 AM,
Campaign Normandy
This campaign will last for several years.
Think of it before do it.
A video link of a of the debarquement.
Sepsitive souls, be carrefull !.
http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=vi...1rfRmC4O5w
02-11-2013, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 02:22 AM by burroughs.)
With a turn per week it is going to be about fifteen years - it's doable, but it's like a trip to the stars: not very likely we are getting there, any of us.

I am going to have a look at the scenario set and see what's available since I am still ready to go, but knowing that each normal human being needs some feeling of accomplishment now and then, my suggestion would be to pick something shorter which will run for five - and not fifteen - years perhaps. That's still a long way to go.

Besides JDR is absolutely correct in his opinion - by the way, have a look at the file I am attaching right now with the optional rules I promote and advocate .Had a breif look at the scenarios and think we should go with either of those 250 turn long ones, there are planty of choices to be made. I like the grand scale of the 750 turn long one, it would be a magnificent achievement especially if that had a chance of getting completed in any foreseeable future, but even it's description says it's practically unplayable. Finally , with a team of two per each belligerent, we are going to have plethora of forces to command and at disposal, involving lots of consideration, time and effort to manage everything - a hell of a burden I mean so that would be a war of attrition to get through that maze.

I'd say let's consider the chances carefully. I am participating in two team games in PCs and MCs respectivelly and one SB - even in the Moscow '42 title we decided to skip the monsters and there are five of us, with the new guys highly motivated and efficient, the game going very dynamically, but it's a matter of a smaller and shorter cmpaign having been chosen. The BFTB 4.7 DF '85 campaign stalled with the sad news from Cesar, but the prospects are we're getting back ASAP.

Attached Files
.jpg   Normandy campaign optional rules.jpg (Size: 182.96 KB / Downloads: 14)
02-11-2013, 06:23 AM,
Campaign Normandy
Hi burroughs,
Midgars and me are agree to go in stars for some long years (750 turns).Smile
Are you with us?.
Regards.
Pat
02-11-2013, 07:05 AM,
(02-03-2013, 12:23 AM)Pat the wolf Wrote: Midgard and Pat the wolf are looking for 2 players as allied for
30X Normandy Campaign (6June-19 August 750 turns).
It's long Campaign so motivation required.
1 turn per week.
Regards[/u][/b]

Wait. One turn per week is 750 weeks or 15 years. Jester
02-11-2013, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 07:11 AM by burroughs.)
I have told them, that' s insane. Honestly, guys, is the reason here in the very same place Your records are? I am really interested, but let's play it real and let's get realistic.