• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ageod games
12-27-2012, 02:19 AM,
Ageod games
Does anybody here play the Ageod ACW, BoA2 or NCs. Is there a place anywhere on the ladder for those?

Anybody have opinions on any of them?

I don't own any, but they look interesting and the AARs seem pretty good.

I was trying to download the demos, but thanks to the supposedly highspeed internet we are paying for, I am being given a 2-5 hr download time when I should be getting around 10 minutes. I don't think I have ever seen a disc version in a store but any possibilities there would also be appreciated. If I can't find a disc version, I may have to sacrifice without any new games until I can get this resolved somehow.

Let me know, thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 02:26 AM,
RE: Ageod games
(12-27-2012, 02:19 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Is there a place anywhere on the ladder for those?

No, none of the titles you listed are currently available on the BP ladder.

12-27-2012, 05:30 AM,
You can buy the boxed ACW, BOA2 and WWI games at Matrixgames:

http://matrixgames.com/products/343/deta...d.the.Gray

I have some of their games because they cover interesting topics but never got too deep into them. Would highly recommend to try the demo to see if it is your cup of tea.
12-27-2012, 05:56 AM,
I was trying to download the demos, but yesterday I was getting the message of nearly 18 hrs. I contacted my internet provider today and they are supposedly sending someone out to fix the problem. They said their computer shows an outage in the area. I know it has been going on for several months and would bet they also knew since they could see on their computer but they haven't fixed it saying no one else has called about it. I've always been, if you know you have something you have to do, get after asap. Hopefully it is resolved to day so I can try those demos. Fingers crossed.
12-27-2012, 06:05 AM,
You can get two of the mentioned games along with WWI here:

http://www.amazon.de/Ageod-Strategy-Coll...038&sr=1-1

11 EUR plus postage. I bet they will be faster than your internet provider :-)
12-27-2012, 08:20 AM,
I have all the Ageod games and really enjoy them.

AACW is probably still the best one but since the sequel will come out next year so you might want to wait on that instead of playing the first one. Revolution under Siege is my other favorite but of course it's a completely different setting and period.

There are no ladders for these games anywhere so your best bet for finding opponents is posting on the PBEM section on the AGEOD board.