• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Le Cateau - OOB question for the MAN
12-26-2012, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM by Mike Bowen.)
Le Cateau - OOB question for the MAN
Mrs B has suddenly got interested in her family history and in particular one James Dean who was in the Royal Irish Fusiliers. This means I have had to look into their history and where they were and Mrs B has even said you can look it up in one of your stupid games.

Anyway I got a book and started reading then looked at the Le Cateau scenario so I could show Mrs B. The RIF were not in the scenario but they were in reality although perhaps in a reserve position they were at Haucourt and had several men killed.

Just out of interest VM were they excluded because they were in reserve for play balance reasons?

Also I note from the Marne Scenario you have them as Irish Fusilers they should be Royal Irish Fusiliers.

In the meantime thanks for a great game and I hope there will be more in particular the eastern front.

By the way James Dean was a bit of a cad and bounder from the amily research to date so he probably was not actually at Le Cateau but behind the lines selling off the regimental rations!

Worse still he had no idea how to pass the Port

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 01:24 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Le Cateau - OOB question for the MAN
Ah, good idea getting Mrs B interested, that might help cut through the red tape with future game purchases. Big Grin

Correct, I do leave out units if they played no real part in the battle so as to prevent them from playing too much of a role accidentally (ie. by getting released by LOS). However, I see no reason why I can't put the RIF into reserve back there as fixed status, I was probably being too harsh if that is why I left them out.

As for the name, you are correct -- it seems I left out "Royal" and have them listed as 1/Irish Fusiliers. I just checked my source OOB from the war department and it had it listed as Royal Irish Fusiliers so that might have been a late night OOB editing error. I will correct that in the next F14 update.

Thanks for the info!

Send this user an email
12-28-2012, 04:08 AM,
RE: Le Cateau - OOB question for the MAN
Thanks.

If you know Mrs B you would know that will not wash but as shes just broken the credit card in the January sales I might be ok if you hurry up the release of the next game Big Grin