• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow 42 Fall Kreml Question
11-28-2012, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM by Elxaime.)
Moscow 42 Fall Kreml Question
Not sure how this plays out with the other scenarios, but I have noticed in the Fall Kreml campaign only one side (the Soviet) has its starting front line and visible units in bunkers. I can understand the Germans in sectors designated for attack being in Trench status, but on the quiet fronts, e.g. opposite Kalinin front in the north, I assume by mid-summer 42' they would also have been in bunkers. Again, all I am talking about for the Germans are the quiet fronts and there only the front line units and those initially visible to the Soviet side.

The reason I bring this up is that on the quiet fronts the fact that one side starts better entrenched leads to one-sided artillery duels. German guns, in particular, which start visible get hammered before they can get away. And German infantry in front line trenches looks forward to a turn by turn battering. This would not be significant if it was experienced by both sides, as you could mark it up to normal front line attrition, but with the Soviets in bunkers it is only one side.

Does it make sense to adjust the opening scenario set-up to place German units who are in quiet sectors in bunkers?

Thoughts appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM,
RE: Moscow 42 Fall Kreml Question
good observation-this is being looked at
Quote this message in a reply