• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

War over Vietnam
11-27-2012, 11:32 AM,
War over Vietnam
Not sure if this is the right forum or not. I was wondering what the last patch came out which had some big new features were the scenarios updated to use them?

Thanks
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 06:38 AM,
RE: War over Vietnam
(11-27-2012, 11:32 AM)Wodin Wrote: Not sure if this is the right forum or not. I was wondering what the last patch came out which had some big new features were the scenarios updated to use them?

Thanks

The bulk of the changes were game play related, and not specifically tied to any scenario. With that said, the scenarios were adjusted to incorporate some things.
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM,
Sorry to jump on this thread, but I've been eye balling this game for a while. Is it a good buy and does it have a lot of replayability? It looks like a real time game so I guess pbem is out of the question right?
01-17-2013, 11:25 PM,
Sorry I don't own it to be able to comment on it however, maybe someone who does can help answer your question. However, I do know that you can not play PBEM games with that series.
01-18-2013, 12:48 AM,
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. It looks like a great game, but the AI can only hold my interest so long before it become predictable.
01-20-2013, 02:03 AM,
Curious - - - I see that the War Over Vietnam has been dropped from this ladder for a supported game, is it and its successors to be picked up in another ladder, or a new dedicated Air Ops ladder?

Steve
01-20-2013, 02:35 AM,
This ladder use to be called the Sea and Air Combat ladder. Last year, a decision was made to change the ladder title since there were only 5 air games reported in something like a 8 year period and almost no forum traffic ever comes from "air" games. In the last couple of years, WitP:AE has been basically generating all of the gaming forum traffic.

The HPS naval games are all supported and have a ladder for members to be able to report their games.

There is no gaming ladder for the HPS air series since it appears that game owners only play against the AI. I don't ever recall seeing a thread in which a member was advertising for a online air battle.

If a need arises due to a renewed interest or future released games, we would be more than willing to consider opening a "air only" ladder however, until that occurs, it will have to play "2nd fiddle" to the Naval Warfare Ladder. Smile
01-22-2013, 09:39 AM,
Yes, I have to admit that I wonder what the sales are like for the "War Over ..." series.

And regarding the HPS Naval series - - - I can not get anyone to even try to battle online. I really like Guadalcanal. Surface focus, short duration, small numbers of units ... fun, fun, fun! Nothing like plowing a greyhound thru the waves at 35 knots.

But it is sooooooooo easy versus AI. I would like to try a few rounds against a real opponent. Gien a couple of hours of online connectivity - - we could get two or three scenarios done.

Midway looks fun, but also kind of looks like work. Big time investment to [lplay, or so it seems from the sidelines.
01-22-2013, 10:14 AM,
Midway is a blast, but don't have time to play...