• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help w/ Inf Riding Tanks: Fordable Rivers
11-19-2012, 01:53 AM,
Help  Help w/ Inf Riding Tanks: Fordable Rivers
Hi! Smile
I am just getting started to get up to speed on Fighting on the CMBN Front and would appreciate some help on two issues I have come across.

a. Can Inf ride on Tanks?

b. How can you determine if a river/stream is fordable by inf and armored vehicles.

Thanks in advance for the help! Have a great day! Adio
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:44 AM,
RE: Help w/ Inf Riding Tanks: Fordable Rivers
a. No, Battlefront will probably implement this in games to come.
b. Not sure.
11-19-2012, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 07:15 AM by Wolf Blitzer.)
(11-19-2012, 03:44 AM)daisy Wrote: a. No, Battlefront will probably implement this in games to come.
b. Not sure.

I dont think inf can ride tanks, but not 100% sure never tried.

You can find fords by holding cursor over water, the cursor icon actually changes to a different icon when put somewhere the selected unit cant move. You can see this in La Valence scenerio where fords are clearly marked by labels. Try moving the cursor up and down river it should change.

1. Load up La Valence as Allies
2. End deployment phase.
3. Pick a unit and select a movement type.
4. Move cursor around river.
5. It changes from green to red when over fords.

Hey, you want to play La Valence? Send me an invite I will be happy with either side.
Send this user an email
11-20-2012, 06:31 AM,
(11-19-2012, 07:01 AM)Wolf Blitzer Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 03:44 AM)daisy Wrote: a. No, Battlefront will probably implement this in games to come.
b. Not sure.

I dont think inf can ride tanks, but not 100% sure never tried.

You can find fords by holding cursor over water, the cursor icon actually changes to a different icon when put somewhere the selected unit cant move. You can see this in La Valence scenerio where fords are clearly marked by labels. Try moving the cursor up and down river it should change.

1. Load up La Valence as Allies
2. End deployment phase.
3. Pick a unit and select a movement type.
4. Move cursor around river.
5. It changes from green to red when over fords.

Hey, you want to play La Valence? Send me an invite I will be happy with either side.

Thanks for the input and offer for the battle La Valence. I'll take you up on it as soon as I get up to speed on how to Shoot, Move, and Communicate on the CMBN Front! Thanks again!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM,
(11-19-2012, 01:53 AM)Balkan Warrior Wrote: a. Can Inf ride on Tanks?

b. How can you determine if a river/stream is fordable by inf and armored vehicles.

a. No. There is no tank riding in CMBN. BFC has stated that since it was not normal for infantry to ride tanks into combat (i.e. going into action against the enemy) the did not include it. Since it will take quite a bit of AI and animation work they would have had to drop some other feature or delay the release of the game.

b. You already have the technique of using the movement way points to find fords. The other thing you can do is put the camera at level 1 and ride the river. As your camera moves along the river you will actually go under the water level and be able to see the bottom. As you move the camera following the river bottom at fords you can see the rise in the river bed and the camera will go up and then back down as you cross them.
12-07-2012, 12:07 AM,
Hi Canadian Cat!

Hope all is well "Lost in Maple Leaf Country"!
Thanks for the input. I am now good to go on Tank Riders and Fords. The camera thing is kinda neat! Thanks again and have a great day. Adio!
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM,
(12-07-2012, 12:07 AM)Balkan Warrior Wrote: Hope all is well "Lost in Maple Leaf Country"!
Thanks for the input. I am now good to go on Tank Riders and Fords. The camera thing is kinda neat! Thanks again and have a great day. Adio!

Yeah the underwater camera is pretty cool. I cannot remember if someone told me about it or I found it by accident. I use it all the time.

Maple Leaf Country is good. We got snow and freezing rain for the first time last-night but so far the drivers have been sane - usually many people forget how to drive in the winter.