• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which CM:BN Program to purchase?
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM,
Help  Which CM:BN Program to purchase?
Hi! I have been away from CM for a few years, but am interested in getting back to the battlefield again.

I would appreciate it if someone would recommend to me which Battlefront CM:BN program to buy so that I will be compatible with the other commanders on the site. I noticed on the Website that there are a few to choose from:

a. CM Battle for Normandy + Commonwealth BUNDLE

b. CM Battle for Normandy - Commonwealth Forces

c. Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

Also, I have Windows 7 on my computer! NOT a MAC!

Thanks in advance for your help! Have a great day! Adio

Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 10:59 PM,
RE: Which CM:BN Program to purchase?
Hi

I would say option A above as that is the base game and the module. So you will get a lot of content there !

Option B seems to be just the module and Option C seems to be the base game.

A good idea would be to first download and play the demo and then if you like it to get option A if you have the funds, otherwise just get option C - the base game.

I am also on a windows 7 pc - no problems so far.

There is also a base game upgrade and patch and module in the works for the base game, all hopefully before the end of the year. An added bonus of CMBN is the amount of excellent mods and sscenarios and campaigns which have been made for it by modders and mappers.

Have you also considered Combat Mission Fotress Italy? - currently there is just the base game available and not a lot of user content. But it has the advantage of running on the newer engine. There will be modules for this base game also but those modules are still a long way off I think.
10-31-2012, 02:28 AM,
Hi Daisy!

Thanks for the prompt reply and the advice on which game to purchase!

I think I'll go with Option A as you suggested since it will give me the complete game that is currently available and should give me a good fit with other members playing CMBN!

Glad to hear the games run well on Windows 7! I had vista before and Windows 7 seems better to me!

Thanks for the lead on on CMFI, but I think I will pass on that one just now! I will have enough on my plate with CMBN/CMAK/CMBB.

I noticed you are from South Africa! I'm sure you are enjoying the arrival of "Spring"! Here in Dubrovnik, Croatia we are just getting the fall rains that signal the departure of summer!

Thanks again for the help and have a great day! Adio

PS: As soon as I am up and running with CMBN, I'll contact you to play a game or two!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
10-31-2012, 03:07 AM,
I will wait for your challenge !

Some parts of South Africa does have spring but here where I live there's just two seasons - Winter and Summer. We have had temperature of up to 38 C /100 F so far this "spring".

Cant wait for February... sigh... 45 C / 113 F....