• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Africa at War difficulty
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM,
Feedback Needed  Africa at War difficulty
Hi All,
My hard drive departed for parts unknown a few weeks back and I have since replaced it. I am using W7 64 bit ultimate just as I was prior. I began to install my HPS games again and when I put AW back I now get this.

[Image: 7a0fe16b56AWmod%20prob.jpg]

From what I have read from the microsoft site this is caused by missing C++ patches which I have installed. Also the other files are PW 1.03.

Anyone else experienced this? Fixed it. Killed it?

Puzzled,
Dog829
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2012, 04:21 AM,
RE: Africa at War difficulty
Does Pacific War still start for you? If so, it's possible the problem is specific to your AAW installation and maybe completely removing AAW and setting that up again from scratch will help. Windows 7 did some funky stuff with permissions and I'm guessing it could be a permissions issue if the other SB games work for you, but AAW doesn't.

Otherwise if none of your other SB games aren't working either, then most likely a Windows system file and/or .NET got messed up. In which case, it looks like the instructions at the following link have worked for people: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...aa85e295dc

Hth,
Bill
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM,
Hey Phil, I just reinstalled the other day, although with XP, and the instructions that are in the A@W self extractor file from TFE4 worked for me. My PW was updated to the most recent update as well. Maybe try those instructions if you haven't, let me know how it goes.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

09-20-2012, 05:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM by burroughs.)
Phil

Glad You're back, alive and kicking, but so far You haven't answered my inquiry whether You are going to carry on with Your mujas in our HPS SAW "The Valley of Death pt.II" scenario. You picked the scenario himself, we have been playing over nine months now with a massive break over the course of the last few ones, my Soviet battalion (-) took some heavy losses, but the orders are to develop the situation and proceed with the mission. Do not get me screened by the KGB over a possible counterrevolutionary approach, it's not my way of doing things.

Let me know, please.

Besides I also seem to have a problem with running the mod; a couple of weeks ago I set up a PBEM game against Daisy, but the game file I sent him didn't work at all. I tried another and the result was the same; I set up a stock scenario - one of those that come with the mod as some may say that the mod is all custom - and a custom one that I downloaded from the TFE4 site. Neither worked and neither of us two had a problem with playing against the AI using our game directories with the mod installed, but for some reson we weren't able to play against each other in the PBEM mode.Haven't tried to challenge anyone else to see if the situation is likely to repeat itself though.

Anybody has had a similar occurence? Please advise.
09-20-2012, 10:57 PM,
(09-20-2012, 05:42 PM)burroughs Wrote: Besides I also seem to have a problem with running the mod; a couple of weeks ago I set up a PBEM game against Daisy, but the game file I sent him didn't work at all. I tried another and the result was the same; I set up a stock scenario - one of those that come with the mod as some may say that the mod is all custom - and a custom one that I downloaded from the TFE4 site. Neither worked and neither of us two had a problem with playing against the AI using our game directories with the mod installed, but for some reson we weren't able to play against each other in the PBEM mode.Haven't tried to challenge anyone else to see if the situation is likely to repeat itself though.

Anybody has had a similar occurence? Please advise.

The only thing I can think of is that one of you has a different version of the PW engine as the base for AAW. PW was updated quite a while ago, so I'd find it hard to believe that this was the issue.

Something to consider, though.

Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-21-2012, 12:07 AM,
(09-20-2012, 10:57 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: [The only thing I can think of is that one of you has a different version of the PW engine as the base for AAW. PW was updated quite a while ago, so I'd find it hard to believe that this was the issue.

Something to consider, though.

Thanks for the tip, but we checked that and the versions were the same so unless one of us was not telling the truth ... The fact is that I asked Daisy to set up a scenario himself and send that to me for a change and have never heard from the guy ever since ...

Can anybody offer me a check file and a game perhaps?
09-21-2012, 02:20 AM,
Daisy's issue was that he just installed PW and didn't have it patched. Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-21-2012, 02:36 AM,
Burroughs, pick what you want to play and send to [email protected].
09-21-2012, 06:05 AM,
Thanks for the suggestions and info. Yes, I can run PW just fine. I can install other mods and they run fine. but I think you may have brought up what could be at the root of my problem.

Recently, I have experienced some issues with permissions and re-installing other software that has not installed with admin privs and permissions. This has also killed some downloads Group policy settings are a pain in the ass and I didn't change anything nor set any when I installed Windows. I'm going to delete PW and AW and start over again though I swear I've already done that at least once before.

Burroughs, please send me your latest turn. Last correspondence you were lamenting the hillside helicopter cleanup and vowing to remove my mujahadeen fighters from the face of the earth.

Thanks
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
09-21-2012, 07:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM by Mad_Dog.)
Feel free to email me to with questions Phil, or anyone else having trouble, you'll probably get a quicker response that way. Also, try a search of the forum, this has been discussed before with more responses I think.
Here are a few threads:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ica+at+war

A few different options and opinions in those, hope one works.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier