• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alea Jacta Est
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM,
Alea Jacta Est
Been looking at this game the past week or so. I'm thinking I may want to get it. Anyone else been looking at this? Below is a link to the game page.

Alea Jacta Est

It looks to be quite detailed.
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2012, 06:07 AM,
RE: Alea Jacta Est
(09-19-2012, 06:22 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Been looking at this game the past week or so. I'm thinking I may want to get it. Anyone else been looking at this? Below is a link to the game page.

Alea Jacta Est

yes iam looking at it too for a while. The ageod series is great. very detailed. I already own Wars in America and Rise of Prussia. It`s very interesting to play PBEM. But it`s strategical only... no tactical battles.

09-20-2012, 08:34 AM,
(09-20-2012, 06:07 AM)Siffo998 Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 06:22 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Been looking at this game the past week or so. I'm thinking I may want to get it. Anyone else been looking at this? Below is a link to the game page.

Alea Jacta Est

yes iam looking at it too for a while. The ageod series is great. very detailed. I already own Wars in America and Rise of Prussia. It`s very interesting to play PBEM. But it`s strategical only... no tactical battles.

Yeah, pretty good strategic series. I myself have "Revolution under Siege." I have a lot of fun with that and the detail is quite good. This rendition of the game engine looks to have been modified further. I like the artwork as well. Much better IMHO than the HPS ancient wars games. I've always wondered how a tactical ancient warfare game would look if someone like Battlefront took their CMx2 engine and worked it to do that sort of thing. Also, maybe do a civil war or napoleonic game based on that engine as well. I bet it could be quite good.

Nicely AAR done here on Alea Jacta Est.

Alea Jacta Est AAR

I may have to take the plunge.

10-02-2012, 05:42 AM,
A Demo of Alea Jacta Est is available, btw .....

http://www.aleajactaest-game.com/
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM,
I actually took the plunge and got the game. It is really done quite well. Very, very immersive and has a lot of atmosphere. I'll be playing this for quite some time. I've already read in their forums that the next add-on module will be the early Latin wars and the Punic wars.
11-12-2012, 09:48 AM,
I bought the game today, this is my first AGEOD game and i have to say that it's all a little overwhelming to start with but there are some nice AAR's and Youtube vids on this that explain whats going on for newbs like me.
I'm so impressed with it i'm thinking of getting their ACW title as well now! :-O

TTFN
11-16-2012, 07:15 AM,
(11-12-2012, 09:48 AM)Fubar Wrote: I bought the game today, this is my first AGEOD game and i have to say that it's all a little overwhelming to start with but there are some nice AAR's and Youtube vids on this that explain whats going on for newbs like me.
I'm so impressed with it i'm thinking of getting their ACW title as well now! :-O

TTFN

I believe their civil war game was their first but don't quote me on that. I do know it had recieved many accolades for immersion and gameplay. So far, I am thoroughly enjoying the Roman Civil wars.

04-05-2013, 08:40 AM,
RE:Birth of Rome
The new Birth of Rome game is even better than Alea Iacta Est. I love it!
09-30-2014, 07:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:25 AM by Alpha Zwo.)
Anyone playing this and interested in a game? I have the Cantabrian Wars, Parthian Wars and Hannibal - Terror of Rome expansions too. Still a lot to learn about this game but I will try to give you a good fight. Drop me a note if interested.
07-25-2015, 06:30 PM,
im avail for pbem im newish so overwhelm me anytime